Buying a fishing boat for fishing operation

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
An old friend consulted me before the pandemic era. He was given money by his sister who is in Canada. The money is to invest in a small fishing boat so that my friend would have a regular income. The location is in a far away province and I know that fish in that area is cheap. A fishing boat can earn money but not as high as what we think when we are in the city or suburbs.

He bought the fishing boat and had an arrangement with some fishermen in the province. The fishermen will use the boat and pay my friend a commission. Fair enough, I said. But after a month the covid arrived that made travel to the province almost impossible. The fishermen texted my friend that the boat cannot be used because of the covid protocols. That was last year. Until now no word and no money was sent by the fishermen that I am sure the boat is being used.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I believe that your friend was actually unlucky in this particular scenario and he should just wait and be patient for them to leave to the protocols. I do not think a fishing boat is something that was supposed to cost very much for him to purchase and is definitely going to be seeing small returns I should be able to see his money invested in a year.