Business Start-up lawyer

Olajidey

Many people want to open business and always want to make profit but we neglect the necessary things that's suppose to be the first thing to do.
Using Nigeria as a case study you hardly see someone having a start-up lawyer before he or she engage in the business of choice, unlike in the united state before you engage in any business you seek for start-up lawyer that will guide and put you through.
i dont know if it is in there law or it just fear of making profit. If it is in there law why can't we adopt it in Nigeria.

Josemendez

Verified member
I think , the issue is the need for the lawyer. What will a cloth selling business need lawyer for prior to starting the business ? Or laundry business .

There are some Businesses that may need lawyer before they can start fully , example is the real estate business ,where the lawyer have to make sure that the documents if the land are all original , fully signed and the land surveyed and sent for confirmation to the right channel , in order to prevent future land dispute.

However , a businessman may have to involve a lawyer before starting a business , if their any transaction made , example if he bought a shop from someone else . This is also to give him assurance that the shop is now his own.

Outside these scenario , there are some Businesses that do not really need a lawyer before it is started .

JacobWatson

You bring up an interesting point about the importance of having a start-up lawyer when launching a business. In many countries, including the United States, seeking legal guidance for a new venture is a common practice to ensure compliance and mitigate potential risks.
While I can't speak for Nigerian law, having a start-up lawyer can indeed be beneficial. They can assist in areas like company administration, ensuring that your business is set up correctly and complies with all necessary regulations.
Whether it's a legal requirement or not, having professional guidance at the start of a business journey can help prevent issues down the road and contribute to long-term success.