Business administration or Business Management?

Ralphjoe

The terms Business administration as a course in the higher institution is a course that prepares students to know the rudiment of how the business world operates and everything that has to do with business, This is the course that I studied in my time in the higher institution.
Meanwhile there is also a course known as business management that I have seen in other higher institutions aside my own and it kept me wondering because I know the two courses shares similarities in their meaning and course outline. This has got me thinking if they are two different courses or the same course, if they are different, what is their difference? And If they are similiar, what are their similarities?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Those 2 courses look the same to me because of the term administration which means handling the business and management which means handling the business. In our country what matters most is the major of the degree. In my case, I took up commerce which is the same as business administration. My major is management which is not the same as the major in accounting or finance. Anyway, don’t mind much the term, what you should focus on is the major of the course because that major will matter in the career.