Building an event center:a good way to make money?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
There are so many opportunities which different individuals could utilize to make as much money as they would want to, and I am thinking of building an event center as one of those ways to generate money for me. One thing about this business is that, it is not going to take much of my time, as I would hire someone to oversee the affairs of the place while remitting the money to me.
Talking about the location, I am thinking of starting it in a university environment in my state. The area is lively and there are whole lots of events taking place on weekends and I believe building an event center where all events would take place is not going to be a bad idea.
What advise do you have for me?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Building an event center is a good way to make money, but it's not for everyone. Event centers are generally pretty expensive to build and maintain, and there are a lot of tax laws that you need to pay attention to. It can be very lucrative, though. Some other things you should know are:

You will need to spend a lot of time finding events to fill your space with. This means marketing your space via social media, community outreach, direct mailings, etc.

Depending on what kind of events you hold (think weddings) there might be some extra regulations or requirements you have to meet.

You'll need staff on-hand for all the events you host. Most event centers have those who maintain it annd clean it etc

It will cost money to maintain your event center and keep it running smoothly. This includes costs like hiring staff, paying for utilities (heating, cooling, electricity), and making sure your building is clean and in good condition.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Here in my location we lack viewing centre, car wash centres, such is a business that needs attention too. Had it been someone took advantage of it and mount a viewing centre like football viewing centre. Their are many of sport lovers looking for such in my locality but such event center eludes them. Anyone who eventually mount one in my locality, will reap its reward immensely, because it will definitely be in-demand, due to how pleading we've been asking for such an event center to get away.