Binance Binance Suspends Nigerian Naira from it's Peer To Peer Platform.

Etini

Valued Contributor
As it stands now, Nigerians can't use the peer to peer platform of Binance to trade crypto with the Nigerian Naira. This comes in the heels of the Nigerian government issuance of a ban on Binance and other crypto exchanges from the Nigerian internet space in a bid to defend the local currency which is Naira.

As it stands, all adverts of buying and selling crypto for Naira via the peer to peer on Binance has been taken down. It is yet to be figured out if someone can still use Naira to fund Binance et all.

What alternatives are there for Nigerians to exchange crypto?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I don't really know, but this is really a sad news.

I don't know why they did this though, come to think of it why will a country with over 200 million people fight over an app and also penalise the app over some alleged transactions, it's crazy to me to be honest.

As it stands, I don't think anyone knows when this ban will be lifted or when whatsoever, it's just sad and makes me want to punch someone's face.

I can't imagine the number of people that have lost their livelihood following this ban, this is really crazy to be honest.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I don't really know, but this is really a sad news.

I don't know why they did this though, come to think of it why will a country with over 200 million people fight over an app and also penalise the app over some alleged transactions, it's crazy to me to be honest.

As it stands, I don't think anyone knows when this ban will be lifted or when whatsoever, it's just sad and makes me want to punch someone's face.

I can't imagine the number of people that have lost their livelihood following this ban, this is really crazy to be honest.
You know the funny thing about this? The real aim of stabilizing the Naira is still not achieved. It is still fluctuating almost on an hourly basis. They don't care that crypto and Binance is a major source of day employment for the teeming youths of the country.

Reports reaching me is that people are still trading crypto within the Binance ecosystem but through private messages. That is them creating a black market again that would still spiral out of control. I am happy that people can still access Binance and at least withdraw their funds to other wallets. If that was not possible, it would have been a disaster.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
You know the funny thing about this? The real aim of stabilizing the Naira is still not achieved. It is still fluctuating almost on an hourly basis. They don't care that crypto and Binance is a major source of day employment for the teeming youths of the country.

Reports reaching me is that people are still trading crypto within the Binance ecosystem but through private messages. That is them creating a black market again that would still spiral out of control. I am happy that people can still access Binance and at least withdraw their funds to other wallets. If that was not possible, it would have been a disaster.
😂 I know right, they'll always be a way out, another way to get your funds is to adjust the currency to GHC(ghana cedis) and you'll get Ghanaian vendors that'll pay into your nigerian account.

18164423_screenshot20240229114842_png42c817329f5a6f1d79165f457eaf355b.png