Benefits of salaried jobs over owning a business

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Many people believe that being a salaried person is much better than having or owning your own business. This is because whenit comes to owning a business, there is no guarantee that you will earn money, but being a salaried person guarantees that you will earn money on monthly basis.
Why won't there be guarantee that you will earn money being a business person. It is not possible to be a business person and not be earning. The only thing is that you are not sure of what you will be earning. It may be far more than what you are expecting and even low to what you want.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Well this is what I always say but people misunderstand me. Because someone is making it big in entrepreneurship does not mean everyone will, it's the fact. Know yourself first and find out what you can do. Know your strengths and weaknesses when it comes to finance. This will help you make the right decision whether to stick to your job or venture into business.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
For every advantage of salary job, I can give you 2 disadvantages of it over owned business. That said, I disagree with one of your points, you said a worker will have a consistent pay whether the company loses or gain. That is a lie, it will affect the employee if the company experience a loss.

I am not sure if this is always true. Usually, the company is responsible when it comes to paying employees and I do not think that companies performance usually matters when the business suffers from a loss. However, many small businesses do take advantage of salaried people and never pay them.

niche

Verified member
In some places, small business owners are victims of cybercrime, criminal defamation and government slavery, with the government agencies refusing to acknowledge the time and money which they spend daily doing computer work. In comparison government agencies usually do not harass salaried employees since the business owners are well connected. Often the employees get paid well despite doing very less work compared to online business owners .

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Your comments sometimes makes me laugh out loud. You really a realist and reason deep. Well, I'm not disputing that fact but I was playing the devil advocate to tell the good side of having a salary job. You still gain too from working for someone. So it is left for us to make a choice
I understand you. There is nothing in the life without its own advantages. Even devil has advantages. But most time, when we are too contended with paid job,we seem not to even bother about living our lives. We will just be working for another person just for money that I see as a peanut because most job owners under pay their workers.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Many people believe that being a salaried person is much better than having or owning your own business. This is because whenit comes to owning a business, there is no guarantee that you will earn money, but being a salaried person guarantees that you will earn money on monthly basis.
Yeah you got the point I wasn't advocating for people to leave business but was just sharing the benefits derived from having a paid job. You wouldn't be burdened with all the lossers and frustration that comes with working for yourself. Business isn't even easy to accomplish but it is still better though

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I can never put salary job over having a self owned business even when I am currently a salary earner. To be frank, salary is just the bribe the employer pays the employee to forget his dream. Have you ever seen a salary earner among the richest people. That's to tell you that salary is the money paid to feed you so you can still continue the labour.
Your comments sometimes makes me laugh out loud. You really a realist and reason deep. Well, I'm not disputing that fact but I was playing the devil advocate to tell the good side of having a salary job. You still gain too from working for someone. So it is left for us to make a choice

Good luck

Verified member
Business is just the best in every ramification,you Can not compare trading to any other paying Job.A salary earner will work for thirty one or four weeks to get paid while a business owner will have probably make the same salary in just a week or less.A business person determine his working time which a salary earner can never attempt.

Jonaville

For every advantage of salary job, I can give you 2 disadvantages of it over owned business. That said, I disagree with one of your points, you said a worker will have a consistent pay whether the company loses or gain. That is a lie, it will affect the employee if the company experience a loss.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The fact remains that not everyone is cut out for business and as such going for a salary job isn’t a bad idea. There are areas you would enjoy as well when you work for someone for a pay. The below reasons are tangible enough

• Convenience is a good gain of a salaried job you just do your job and get paid. You have no business with the overall running of the company
  • It will help you to be more discipline with money, as you would have to wait till payday for the next cash
  • You would be having consistent pay, like earlier stated you are not involved in the losses of the company. You would get paid regardless of these burdens
  • You get paid according to your skills and abilities, so higher pay is possible
What do you think?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well thanks for the information but no matter how you are going to put it I still won't take a salary work to a business because I consider business as one of the best way you can make money on your own. to me I consider salary work as a slave because you do not have to control your time but other people decide when you have to work and when you have to go.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Regular income at the end of the month is the reason why most people stay with salary job rather than starting part time business. This can be a mirage because anything can happen. This is the reason why most people often become depressed when they are sacked from their place of work. But a business owners knows that the life is full of up and down.
You are absolutely right. We should never let the salary given to us at the end of the month be the main reason why we should be thinking of satisfying with salary work. The only salary earner I wish to be is those political office holders and may be oil and gas companies. Others are just using the workers like slaves and not servants

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Regular income at the end of the month is the reason why most people stay with salary job rather than starting part time business. This can be a mirage because anything can happen. This is the reason why most people often become depressed when they are sacked from their place of work. But a business owners knows that the life is full of up and down.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I can never put salary job over having a self owned business even when I am currently a salary earner. To be frank, salary is just the bribe the employer pays the employee to forget his dream. Have you ever seen a salary earner among the richest people. That's to tell you that salary is the money paid to feed you so you can still continue the labour.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Though you are right in some ways but we also need to consider some other things. The main thing that I can see that salary is different (I may not say that is better) to owned business is that salary is fixed.
As for me I prefer owning a business because one can spend money on any project before the end of the month.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Well, it is true that your Payment is better guaranteed as a salary earner because most companies and the government which usually gives employment have sure ways of generating income which will be used for paying. And therefore, your income is more guaranteed when you are a salary earner.

As a business person, you can be able to make huge profits which a salary earner may never make. A salary earner has a fixed amount while a business person earns at differing rates. Thus, a business person can make huge profits beyond imagination and gain what a salary earner may take ages to amass. But nevertheless, the risk attached to business is very high. Just as a business has the potential of making profit, it also has the potential of making a loss. A business person can make huge losses which will rid such a person of all his funds not to even talk of a pay or profit. But all the same, this depends on what you can do best and your preference.

Etini

Valued Contributor
There is nothing anyone would tell me. Salaried jobs can never be better than self-employment. There are too many advantages that self-employment has over salaried jobs. Even the perceived advantages of salaried jobs are weak and negligible.

Should we talk about the disadvantage of being in charge of your time? This is a big drawback in salaried jobs. You would have to be running a marathon race every time to meet up with scheduled job times. In paid employment, you are your boss, and you control your time. You can decide to take rests, leave, or completely work all round the clock.

Should we talk about the earnings? With salaried jobs, your earnings are capped and an increase in earnings is dependent on the whims and caprices of your employer. As a self-employed person, your income is determined by your effort. You diligently put effort, you are rewarded with increased revenue and income.