Benefits of Dropshipping Business

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to start an online business, probably dropshipping is the best online business. Here are the benefits of dropshipping.

Low start-up cost: You don’t have to spend money to manufacture or procure products to sell. Since you do not have your own inventory, you don’t have to maintain the warehouse.

Easy to get started: In order to build a dropshipping business, all you need is a website (online store) where you will be listing products, you can easily import your product list from other eCommerce platforms or dropshippers. You can start selling right after you set up an online store. All you will have to do marketing to build sales. When someone orders, you receive payment yet you do not have to bother with shipping, your supplier will do it on your behalf. No hard work required.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I remembered about a year ago someone wanted to teach me this business venture about the fact that he was occupied with something made me to miss that opportunity as of then. I wanted to learn it but there are other things that I ventured into which made me to lose interest but I think I would also like to touch it in the nearest future to know how it will go.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A dropshipper is just like a broker or agent who works on a commission basis. I have many friends in Facebook who were doing that for years now. Most of them are selling clothes and personal accessories. They said those items are the easiest to sell. They forward the order to the supplier for the delivery. The dropshipper receives the payment and to be forwarded to the supplier minus the commission.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
The title should be Two Benefits of drop shipping business, because there are only two. However I find no example in the main content.
However I do not think the "easy to get started" point is actual. A fashion designer friend is trying hard to get online market, but it is not working.

I have many friends in Facebook who were doing that for years now. Most of them are selling clothes and personal accessories.
They also do import-export type of dropshipping? Or have their lead towards other countries?

Mika

VIP Contributor
The title should be Two Benefits of drop shipping business, because there are only two. However I find no example in the main content.
However I do not think the "easy to get started" point is actual. A fashion designer friend is trying hard to get online market, but it is not working.

They also do import-export type of dropshipping? Or have their lead towards other countries?
Well, how many points do you think I should include in a forum post?
I think people are more likely to search for "benefits of dropshipping business" instead of "two benefits of dropshipping business. If you don't believe me trying checking the keyword research tool of your choice.
Back to the topic, there is money to be made in dropshipping but you will have to work hard.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you want to sell online through your own store, the only benefit I can see with dropshipping business is that you don't have to procure products to sell or do not have to manufacture products to sell. Otherwise dropshipping can be very difficult because you need a lot of money in branding your store and marketing your products.

A

affin101

Could someone please explain?..

Though I know, what dropshipping actually is, I'm completely new to it and have never sold that way anything. Nevertheless I'm willing to begin that sort of business, but I'm stuck with one issue.

As soon as I receive money from my customer, I forward the order to the supplier. He/she in turn processes the order and ships the required items to the customer who has paid me.

Many of the suppliers from Aliexpress whom I spoke to just can't understand that my address should be stated on the shipping box. Instead they're willing to state their chinese address, and this is something I cannot understand. Suppose my customer will firstly communicate with me (but I'm not a chinese!) and then will receive his/her good from China. Then it comes quite obvious that I'm not the person who actually has shipped the goods.

Is that ok for the customer? Shall I have to deal with any kind of complaints from my customer? Or is that completely OK that I'm in EU and the customer knows about it, and he/she receives a packet from China which he paid me for (I'm in the EU).

Thanks!

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Alibaba specializes on bulk selling, you cannot buy one or two products on alibaba, unless the product you are buying is a high priced product like a production line, or bulky machines, factory machines, etc. Aliexpress, which is Alibaba company can be used to buy single product. This is one of the best marketplace for dropshipping.

laurentharp

high priced product like a production line, or bulky machines, factory machines
I always wondered who would go to alibaba and order from that site a heavy machinery or assembly line for a few hundred thousands ! these items are not like COTS worth $100 where you only have a risk of losing a hundred dollars if the product is crap

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Alibaba is B2B marketplace as opposed to B2C. Since Alibaba is dealing with B2B transactions, it is selling in bulk or selling items that cost a lot of money. Alibaba is for those who like to order Chinese products and resell these products. There are many ways to verify the legitimacy of the sellers.