Being occupied with so many concerns is good for a retiree

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The most common problem of a retiree is money (or financial stability) and the secondary problem is the occupation. For those living alone most are into watching tv and streaming movies. However, it is best to be doing some other things not necessarily at home. Being idle in front of the tv or in front of the phone’s screen can cause mental fatigue.

Being occupied with many concerns is good because the mind is busy and there is the sense of accomplishment somehow. Go out and check the terrain for whatever you can do. The neighbors can provide you temporary companionship. You can also launch a civic project of fixing the sidewalk or planting flowering plants in your area (like what I am doing from time to time). You will be occupied and you will also be doing good service to your community.

A K Rao

Yes, it is always better to keep one's brain busy after the retirement as we feel relieved of the tensions and feel like relaxing. Once if we try to learn to relax we become lethargic and become mentally and physically unfit. That way the empty mind is devil's workshop. So in my opinion we must concentrate our thoughts and deeds towards some constructive j0bs and online writing is one of the best things to do.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Basically, this is all about retirees getting busy which I'm all for it. If there are things they can do to help themselves stay alive and lively then it's all good. Whether it is for money or not. They need to be up and doing. It will help them be strong

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Basically, this is all about retirees getting busy which I'm all for it. If there are things they can do to help themselves stay alive and lively then it's all good. Whether it is for money or not. They need to be up and doing. It will help them be strong
Yes, as the saying goes that the idle mind is the workshop of the devil. In the case of a retiree an idle mind is a hatchery of depression so that we should always be busy. The best to be busy is doing something that you enjoy whatever it may be. When I tend my garden in the backyard I don't earn anything but I feel enjoyment in working. Posting in forums is beneficial to my mind because aside from the new knowledge that I learn there is also the chance to develop friendship. Some people in this forum that I see in other forums are familiar with me and I feel that I can trust them.

For the rich, traveling is a good way to spend an enjoyable time. But for ordinary mortals like us we can be happy with our simply hobbies. Traveling is a nice activity but the cost is too high. At present we have shelved our travel plans and perhaps we will just wait for the pandemic to end.

D

Deleted member 28127

Monotony isn't good at everything if it is about work or it is about the study so we should take a break from time to time or even if it is about retirement so we should have such occupation for passing the time.