Becoming A Vegetable Seller: Is It A Kind Of Good Business In Your City?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We all know that vegetables are a kind of commodity that has a huge demand in the market. I live in a Tier 3 countries and we usually do not have vegetable shops rather there are many people who sell vegetables on vegetable stalls. Vegetables are also available in the supermarket, but mostly people buy from local markets. It is a good business, if you know how to manage and run it. However, it would not make you rich unless you run several vegetable stalls and employ faithful people who would help you to run it. This is the condition of this kind of business in my city. What about you? Do you think it is a good idea to sell vegetables? Please do suggest some ideas. Thanks.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Selling of vegetables is a very good business because a lot of people in my area consume a lot of vegetables. There are also a lot of competition for it in the local market around my area, even at that when you go to the market in the evening you will hardly find some specific types of vegetable like water leaf and the rest because a lot of people consume them.

D

Deleted member 28127

Vegetarian people are increasing day after day for the following reason because you will leave better than ordinary people that eat everything and studies and health is improving it so if you are selling of vegetables you will get many purchases especially if the country where you are selling has a good number of vegetarian people. So I recommand personally such business.

Josemendez

Verified member
Well , in as much as vegetables are something that people demand almost everyday , it is not quite a lucrative business in my area because Vegetables are not scarce , people have it in their home garden and there are a lot of people selling it in the market. This made the price to be fair .
Some persons are not much serious with the business because it is a perishable stuff.

funmi

Verified member
Actually, here in my area, is a riverine area. This gives some people the opportunity to plant vegetables of different types. When they plant it, within 2weeks, the vegetables are ready for sale. So, they sell to us very fresh and cheap amount unlike what they sell in the market to people. So, many people go to their farms to buy directly from the vegetables farmers. Honestly, this people are making cool money in this business.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Being a vegetable seller isn't bad at all especially because a lot of people are always in need of fresh veggies to cook or garnish their food with. This is why it is good to plant them if you can than just buying them for resell. I know of a lady I buy mine from. She makes sales all the time because she have them fresh how people want it

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Vegetables business is actually a good one but what matters is the country or area for doing this kind of business. In my country, people don't actually know the total benefits of vegetables. Many people are just getting to know the importance and value of vegetables. Doing this business, you have to be in the market where people can buy. But I wouldn't support being on the street.

AmaliaTG

We all know that vegetables are a kind of commodity that has a huge demand in the market. I live in a Tier 3 countries and we usually do not have vegetable shops rather there are many people who sell vegetables on vegetable stalls. Vegetables are also available in the supermarket, but mostly people buy from local markets. It is a good business, if you know how to manage and run it. However, it would not make you rich unless you run several vegetable stalls and employ faithful people who would help you to run it. This is the condition of this kind of business in my city. What about you? Do you think it is a good idea to sell vegetables? Please do suggest some ideas. Thanks.
Selling vegetables is a good business but I find it less profitable because vegetable are very cheap to even buy. The seller of those vegetables probably makes 1shillings profit per sale. Another thing about selling vegetables according to the way I see in my country is that you have to make an effort and sell them very early in the morning when they are still fresh since they are the easiest perishable goods

Setho

VIP Contributor
In the place where I live a lot of people consume various types of vegetables so I think that if you want to start a business selling them it is going to be a business that will prosper you just have to look for a good location and also ensure that you maintain a good sense of hygiene

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Selling vegetables is more difficult than selling fruits. The shelf life of fruits is from 3 days to 1 week depending on the fruits. In vegetables the shelf life is from 1 day up to 3 days maximum, again depending on the vegetables. You can earn a good profit with vegetables if you have a big customer base that will buy your products every day.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Selling of Vegetable is a very good business , many people have make lot of money from the business even in a small way , you could plant vegetables and make farm for it even in your local balcony , because that's what some people do in the locality I live before, then grow and sell the vegetables and earn some amount of money