Bad management – underpaid and abused workers

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is the story of the 3-story building that is being constructed beside our property. There were 9 workers that started the digging and the erection of the foundation. After a month I noticed there were only 7 and lately there are only 4.

IMG_8234 asyenda.JPG
In a chance meeting with one of those who left the issue is the low salary which is below the legal minimum wage. There’s also the issue of being verbally abused by the owner. Being underpaid and abused is like being in hell for a worker. A laborer’s work is hard that they sweat the whole day. With the weary hands and tired minds they need a little consideration. My advice to the present workers now is to demand $10 which is the minimum daily wage. They are given only $8.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
This is the story of the 3-story building that is being constructed beside our property. There were 9 workers that started the digging and the erection of the foundation. After a month I noticed there were only 7 and lately there are only 4.

View attachment 46491
In a chance meeting with one of those who left the issue is the low salary which is below the legal minimum wage. There’s also the issue of being verbally abused by the owner. Being underpaid and abused is like being in hell for a worker. A laborer’s work is hard that they sweat the whole day. With the weary hands and tired minds they need a little consideration. My advice to the present workers now is to demand $10 which is the minimum daily wage. They are given only $8.
It is a bad attitude to be abusing an employee since its because one can not do the job alone that is why more hands is needed their to make an improvement in their operation.
If we look at those that use to abused their workers; they are the type that do not paid their workers very well and yet they will want them to do a lot of work.Its very bad.

Augusta

VIP Contributor

View attachment 46491

It is just prevalent with bad humans, this attitude can happen anyway. It is awful working with a bad boss or employer you can’t even function properly because you would be angry all the time. The best bet is leaving such a place if you can’t cope to avoid depression

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I wrote in one my threads some reasons why workers should tender their resignation letters. No one can survive in an abusive relationship. In fact, personally, I hate being abused. I have walked up to my boss telling her to correct me with love and not with condemnation. The best advice I can give to an abused worker is to leave the job.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The workers deserve the best and not underpayment. Those kind of hard labour job isn't easy at all not everyone can do such kind of hard labour job and stay fit the next day. So they deserve everything they agreed and not facing payment downgrade. I'll feel very bad when my earnings is downgraded after beating price with the owner of the job.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I cannot advice any worker to stay in a working environment where he/she is really abused either by not being paid very well, or being condemned. This is a very terrible thing to do to a worker. No worker under no circumstances, whatsoever should be treated like a garbage. If such is happening to any worker, I think it's better to look for another option elsewhere.

Setho

VIP Contributor
A lot of countries especially my own I experiencing a lot of economic difficulties out there. This has made so many people to try to use the opportunity and try to exploit people and pay them below the minimum wage because they know people are hungry and would like to get on every job opportunity that they can lay their hands on.