Finance At what age have you started receiving wages,salary or money from job?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I received my first pay at the age of 19 when I finish my secondary school and on that very day I was so glad as a hound boy.

That time the value of money was still good and I enter market and bought some clothed and shoes to show my friend that I have arrived.

This days its seems not to easy to get job again especially after when one might have graduated.

The economy of some countries has made it very difficult for one some one to gain employment .

What is in vogue now is that one must learn how to do one handy work or the other so that one will be able to survive this days.

In my country when I look at some of our graduate students who are doing or serving their country I do pity some of them that are just waiting for white collar job.

Have you ever sit down and though of this that,some years back when you are going beside the road you will be seen sales boy or girls is needed here though it may still exist but not like before which shows how hard things are now adays.

My question is when have you started earning your money either wages or salary?

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Just like you, I earned my first wage when I was 19 just after my highschool. I was teaching in a certain primary school as a substitute teacher and it was really great to earn my own money. But after going through campus and graduating, I just realize that it is truly hard to get a job for what I studied. So I am opting for learning new skills and employing myself through business.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I started earning money recently at the age of 30. I never had a job my entire life because I never wanted to do any job, as I always intended to start my own business. This was the mistake I made. I never realized that I would need a lot of money to start my own business and money would only come through job. So, I had my first job at the age of 30 this year.

funmi

Verified member
Well, collecting wages or salary did not really have anything to do with age in my society. I once did a computer typing work for someone when I was around 20 years of age and I was paid for the job. More so, I joined people that were giving out immunization to children sometimes at my early 20s too, though the exercise was eventful and I was given #2000 for the job then. As long as you can do something legit people will definitely pay you for the service rendered.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I never earned salary before offline, i have an offline business, a gaming one. I pay myself salary, based one the amount i make in a day from the activities of gamers like me. I've been running this business since last two years 2019. And i was 17 years then, that's when I'll say i started earning money out of my own struggle till date.

Good luck

Verified member
I received my first salary at age 19 when I finished my secondary School education. I got a teaching appointment in School not too far to where i stay. I worked for almost two sessions before I proceed for my degree program.It was a good experience and it really keep me going to be able to stand firmly.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I started mine as early as 16 years when I started baby sitting for a lovely family. Because of my love for kids I used to do it initially for free before the lady insisted I needed a token to motivate me to keep me going. So I accepted and the rest was history

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The truth is that since I was born I have never worked for anybody in order to earn a salary. but I have done business is when I was small and made some cool cash from it but I haven't really worked for any money for salary. That mentality he is still on me and I don't think I will ever work for anyone in order to they paid salary. I like to business and I have business mindset.