Assistance to employees who are hit by covid

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I learned in one big company that it is extending full support to employees who get positive for covid. During the quarantine food items are regularly delivered. For those who are in the hospital 50% of the cost is shouldered by the company aside from a gratuity of one month’s salary that is given to the patient.

This is a heartening development because a covid patient truly needs support, not only financially but also mentally and emotionally. A classmate who got covid said that being in the hospital is depressing that there was a time that he wished for death to end the agony. If I am the HR officer I would suggest to the management to give full support to employees who are hit by covid. This is the right time to have compassion in deed and not in words.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes, it is very ideal now to render our tender affection to assist the covid19 hit patience, cos they're undergoing trauma, emotionally, mentally and otherwise. If we don't care for them, their is every possibility that they can give up for life, and that isn't good that way. If we continue that way it will cause too many lives to be lost in the cold hands of death. So now is the time to care for them, show affection and support them to feel loved.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I was working in a company, I was paid well, treated well. I received a cash bonus for every project I completed successfully. When my pitch impressed the client and when the client signed the contract with our company, I received cash incentives. Yet, when the company decided to cut employees due to Covid, I was laid off.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When I was working in a company, I was paid well, treated well. I received a cash bonus for every project I completed successfully. When my pitch impressed the client and when the client signed the contract with our company, I received cash incentives. Yet, when the company decided to cut employees due to Covid, I was laid off.
Hmm, after all you did for them?? They ought to have kept you since your input is pivotal in their company's progress financially and otherwise. Is it that other workers kept there which isn't ousted in the company are more valued than you?? They alone knows the reason. I believe the downtime of losing your job is now behind you?? cos you seems moving well online now.