Crypto Are You Aware About The "Stop Loss" Feature On Crypto Trading Platforms?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, we all know that crypto trading platforms can be a great place where we can start trading crypto and make money almost each and every day. You may gain profits and you may suffer from loss. Most of the people are afraid of losing their money and this is also one of the biggest reasons why they have made a decision that they shall never invest money in cryptocurrencies. However, do you know that there are many trading platforms that offer "Stop loss" feature that can help you to avoid loss and make profits? This feature is also offered by Binance and many other trading platforms like Payeer, Kraken, etc. All you have to do is set a limit and your stable coins or fiat currency will automatically sell for a profit when the price of crypto rises! This means no loss at all! So, Are You Aware About This Great Feature On Crypto Trading Platforms? Please note that this feature may raise your chances of gaining profits but it does not always guarantee that you will make profits in case the price dips to the ratio of amount you have set.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is used mainly by traders of crypto. Though I don't know much about trading but I know stop loss feature. This feature is used to prevent future loss. Though just like the poster conclude, the feature may work against the trader if he doesnt predict well. The coins that's projected to reduce may rise in price.

Suba

Staff member
I think "Stop Loss" is just one of the risk management strategies. which has been applied to almost all trading both stocks, crypto and forex. and Stop Loss is done through a trading application (not manually or Cut loss), of course SL will be useful to avoid severe losses. although we are forced to sell crypto below the purchase price so we only lose a small amount.

minenovo

It is used mainly by traders of crypto. Though I don't know much about trading but I know stop loss feature. This feature is used to prevent future loss. Though just like the poster conclude, the feature may work against the trader if he doesnt predict well. The coins that's projected to reduce may rise in price.
Forex traders also use stop loss pretty widely, in my experience at least. The risks of placing a wrong trade are the same with fiat currencies as with cryptocurrencies.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Forex traders also use stop loss pretty widely, in my experience at least. The risks of placing a wrong trade are the same with fiat currencies as with cryptocurrencies.

It looks like share trading and crypto trading are quite similar. I am trading on a crypto trading platform that provides the "Stop limit" feature. I am not sure if this feature is similar to the "Stop Loss" feature that is offered by Binance. Right now I am figuring out how it actually works because it is kind of really confusing to me.

Nite

Valued Contributor
I am aware that there are many trading platforms that offer a 'Stop loss' feature to help traders avoid losses and make profits.

Nite

Valued Contributor
I know Binance and other platforms like Payeer, Kraken, and others offer this feature, which allows traders to set a limit for selling their assets automatically when the price of their cryptocurrency rises.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Ever since I got to know about this feature on Binance, I have been able to protect myself against loss. It is very important to know how to use stop loss to at least minimize the loss that may happen in cryptocurrency as it may be difficult to prevent loss.

The stop loss will allow the crypto traders to set a particular price as his target price to get the coins sold. This will be activated the moment the traders is losing out. Though there are disadvantages of stop loss as well

Nite

Valued Contributor
It's good to hear that the stop loss feature on Binance has been helpful for you in protecting against losses in cryptocurrency trading. It's an important tool to have in your arsenal, especially in such a volatile market. But, we also need to be aware of the potential disadvantages of using it, such as the possibility of triggering a sale prematurely due to temporary price fluctuations. It's all about finding the right balance and understanding how to effectively utilise stop loss in your trading strategy.

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
Ever since I got to know about this feature on Binance, I have been able to protect myself against loss. It is very important to know how to use stop loss to at least minimize the loss that may happen in cryptocurrency as it may be difficult to prevent loss.

The stop loss will allow the crypto traders to set a particular price as his target price to get the coins sold. This will be activated the moment the traders is losing out. Though there are disadvantages of stop loss as well
Yup stop loss are super important. If anyone is managing proper risk ,then SL helps to calculate and minimize the loss at it's best,one of the essential features on Bitget

ImamShaheb

Valued Contributor
I am aware that there are many trading platforms that offer a 'Stop loss' feature to help traders avoid losses and make profits.
Yup ,most of the major players of the space like Bitget/Nance offer this feature. Even this is one of those basic features which a trader would need at first place.

Nite

Valued Contributor
The 'Stop loss' feature is a crucial tool for traders, especially for those who are just starting out in the world of trading. It provides a level of protection against potential losses by automatically selling an asset when it reaches a predetermined price point. This not only helps to limit losses but also allows traders to lock in profits and manage their risk effectively. Platforms which offer this feature, are popular choices among traders because they understand the importance of risk management in trading.