Are you a Workaholic?

Mika

VIP Contributor
A workaholic is a person who is addicted to work. Just like alcoholic drinks all the time, workaholics work all the time. Alcoholics become sick when they don’t drink, whereas workaholics become sick when they don’t work.

Being a workaholic, does it help?

If you have heard from Kevin O’Leary, an American entrepreneur, you will know that he does not hire workaholics. According to O’Leary great managers, great leaders, great entrepreneurs, and great investors spend their leisure time in arts, sports, and something with nothing to do with business or work.

If you look at productivity, you will find out that you need a balance in your brain between chaos (tension related to work) and arts (leisure). In order to become successful in your life, you need discipline, you can build discipline by balancing your work life and leisure life.

If you do activities to enjoy your personal life, you will become very effective in your professional life as well. Working more does not make you successful, working effectively makes you successful.

Well, for me I always believe that we need to give life a balance. Doing things one sided doesn’t help anyone. If you want to live life better and healthier then you don’t need to take anything to the extreme. If you work which isn’t bad, then also create time for life of leisure. This is why I’m always very selective of the people I mingle you. I only work with people I believe will help with my growth physically, mentally and otherwise.

If you know that money can’t be gotten at once, then you would slow down with working too hard. I even prefer the one of working more smartly than working hard. So the bottom line here is that you should find joy in working but also balance things up with finding time for leisure. Maybe a percentage can be assigned to it, you give it a 60-40.

I'm so happy you compared workaholic to alcoholic, although the difference is clear but still have something to do in common. Alcoholic drinks everyday and workaholic also works everyday right? Now, I can tell you alcohol is not bad but because the person is addicted to it, it turns bad and likewise work is not bad but because the person has be addicted, is bad.

There is a saying that "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy " so being addicted to something is really bad and we all know that. One thing I have study in life is those who always do a hard work have no money. We don't have to always give our lives to work because of our own health conditions. Too much work even gives a person stress and also gradually weaken the body system. So I think it will be bad to be a workaholic.

Well , for me any opportunities that will give me the ability to raise money will highly be appreciated and I will try as much as possible to make money from such opportunity. I would love to work as long as I can, provided this will help me generate money . But at the same time I do not like working for a stressful organisation or activities . Mostly I would like to concentrate online that is why I like posting and writing of content.

Even though posting is one of my favourite hobby , but there are some limitations of how much time I spend online. I have to protect my eyes from over-concentration on the screen and I also have to protect my mental health because concentrating so much on the screen and posting of content might affect you emotionally.

I don't know but I'm just so happy to have opportunity to make money online

I have herd from Kevin O’Leary frequently as I have watched him on Shark Tank. While I follow his lot of advice, I don't agree with what he says about workaholics. I agree with Kevin O’Leary when he says crypto is the future and crypto will be one of the 12 big enterprise in 10 years. I also believe when he says I have invested in 36 different cryptos because I don't know which one will grow big in the future, therefore, I have diversified by assets. However, he can say he will not hire workaholics because he is in a position where he can play gold for hours without thinking about his investment portfolios. If I was where Kevin O’Leary is at the moment, I would also tell people to enjoy life and don't tire your ass with work. However, in our prime age, if we don't work, how can we build fortune.