Are Visa And MasterCard Really Too Expensive To Use?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Mastercard and Visa card are two of the most widely used credit and debit cards. They process billions of dollars of payments around the world and they are used by many people around the globe. There was a time when I was planning to get these cards and I called my bank in order to inquire about these cards and my bank told me that I would need to hold that thousands of dollars in order to apply for a mastercard or a visa card and I will be able to get a card after a few weeks of applying for it. However, I have heard that it is one of the most expensive cards. I am not sure because I have never used them. Do you have some experience using them?

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not know how it goes in other countries, but in my home countries, many banks issues Visa card. If your Visa card is a debit card, you can spend everything you have on the bank account associated with the card and if the Visa card is a credit card, you can spend the limit set by your bank. The card annual fee is just $10.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I do not know how it goes in other countries, but in my home countries, many banks issues Visa card. If your Visa card is a debit card, you can spend everything you have on the bank account associated with the card and if the Visa card is a credit card, you can spend the limit set by your bank. The card annual fee is just $10.

So you mean your banks in your country issue Mastercard and Visa card for free? This is certainly not the case in my country. In my country only the elite class of people hold mastercard and visa card. I have never used debit or credit card but I think other middle class people hold other kind of local credit and debit cards. You need to have thousands of dollars in your bank account as security.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have both a Visa and Mastercard. But I did not apply to those cards. It was a surprise when they sent me a card that is already approved with my name and all I had to do was to activate it by calling their office. That's where they got more details about me like my date of birth. Maybe the invitation was recommended by someone and I am thankful because for years I have not been asked to pay for the annual fee.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have both a Visa and Mastercard. But I did not apply to those cards. It was a surprise when they sent me a card that is already approved with my name and all I had to do was to activate it by calling their office. That's where they got more details about me like my date of birth. Maybe the invitation was recommended by someone and I am thankful because for years I have not been asked to pay for the annual fee.

I would not use these kinds of cards either. This is because despite the fact that they are accepted at big malls and restaurants, they are not accepted everywhere in my city and even other parts of my country. The concept of using credit and debit card is still much alien to many people in my country and most of the people use cash to pay people. Most of the time, the card machine is also out of order in my country and the fees are probably also too high.