Are Professional Degrees worth the Hype?

Godslamp

Before now a professional degree os like a key to a pleasant life. When going to school then is of intense benefit. Graduate are respected and held in high esteem unlike now when it has turned to everyday commodity. Going to school now is almost becoming waste of time because after spending almost half of ones life in school he comes out to depend on those that never went to school.

Now, you need to understand that the Hype is not automatically equal to the salary earned. Yes, they might not be as rich as those who didn't study professional courses, or even as rich as those who didn't go to school at all.

But you should understand that fufilment does not come only from a fat salary. Doing what you Love doing and being paid for it, is a good satisfaction. And Yes, it is worth every Hype.

springtech

In the past, a lot of people benefitted from studying professional courses like Medicine, Engineering, Law, Accounting etc. while people that didn't do professional courses usually struggled to get a job. But these days I have noticed that the trend is changing. For example, there are some footballers that didn't see the four walls of a school talkless of studying professional courses but they are some of the world's top earners in our society as of today. There are also some Programmers and software developers that are self taught and never went to a formal school yet they earn a lot. This lead me to the following questions,
In the future say , 15 years from now, would professional degree matter ?
Education is important even if one will not need the certificate/degree for anything, but i believe it is one important thing that everyone needs. Success can be achieved even if you are not educated as i have seen a lot of folks who didn't attend any school or have any formal education but simply set out on time to do trading, learn a trade or craft or skill and boom they start making money and begin to live a very comfortable Live. However there are certain virtues education gives you that you can't buy with any amount of money. Is it the ability to read and write, social status, communication skill, etc

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
They could worth the hype in a sane clime but in a clime where education is not really appreciated like Nigeria it might just be a waste, am from Nigeria and I know exactly what am saying. So generally in today's Nigeria graduate are not appreciated they are just seen as nothing b

anil02

Verified member
Are the hype worth technical diplomas? My answer is totally No, the days are gone when you get your medical degree or engineering degree, you would be adorable and you will automatically be rich, but today there are many graduates, all of whom are graduating in the sole objective of employing. The employment issue in my country is worst.
For employment degree is not enough, they also have good knowledge of the work. But for profession like medical one must have degree or diploma. It is not fair to allowed medical practice to simple graduate. In these employment is not problem of your country, it is less or more every country have this problem

Planet408

Professional degrees matters but not in every country. Though, no doubt education is good and necessary and adds to your intelligence and effective communication with people. Notwithstanding, in my country, professional degrees does no longer matter as it used to be in the time past.

Planet408

Professional degrees matters but not in every country. Though, no doubt education is good and necessary and adds to your intelligence and effective communication with people. Notwithstanding, in my country, professional degrees does no longer matter as it used to be in the time past.

Asad Ali

Are the hype worth technical diplomas? My answer is totally No, the days are gone when you get your medical degree or engineering degree, you would be adorable and you will automatically be rich, but today there are many graduates, all of whom are graduating in the sole objective of employing. The employment issue in my country is worst.

Godslamp

Before now a professional degree os like a key to a pleasant life. When going to school then is of intense benefit. Graduate are respected and held in high esteem unlike now when it has turned to everyday commodity. Going to school now is almost becoming waste of time because after spending almost half of ones life in school he comes out to depend on those that never went to school.

anil02

Verified member
If in your country degrees is not essential for doing any work than it means in your country a illiterate can to medical profession, he can to surgery. I think some qualification is must for profession which wants some special knowledge. Degree is a certificate which telling about standard of our knowledge.

Adetayo100

A professional degree isn't really worth the hype people made around it, it is good to have an education degree or qualifications but it is not worth much in todays economy, you need to have a skill set plus the degree to be able to compete in today working environment. An advantage professional degrees has is that it open unlimited door for you, it gives you a slight edge over someone who doesn't have one.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
A professional degree would not automatically make you rich. It is true that you do not need professional degree to earn a lots of money. However, a professional degree does raise your chances of getting a job. However, nothing is guaranteed. I believe that you actually need luck to become rich. A professional degree might not be that much valuable in some countries.

anil02

Verified member
For some job degree or and specific qualification is must, If some one wants to do teaching job in school or collages, they must have desires qualification. It is right that no one can rich with degree but to get a job or to start a profession, degree is first condition, I don't know any country who have not minimum qualification for jobs and profession

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In our country the college diploma is a must if you will apply for a job in a big company. Even if you get accepted as an undergraduate you may only reach a certain level but you will not be promoted to the managerial position. As of late I have heard that a master's degree is now being required for the bank executives.

anil02

Verified member
In our country the college diploma is a must if you will apply for a job in a big company. Even if you get accepted as an undergraduate you may only reach a certain level but you will not be promoted to the managerial position. As of late I have heard that a master's degree is now being required for the bank executives.
Most of country have different rules. here in India for bank officer under Graduate degree is enough , not some bank are have program of skill updating and they are running some special courses for it. Here for some Job Diploma is enough.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor

It look like the situation in my country is a bit different. You need to get at least a graduate degree if you want to get at a higher position. I am not sure if high-level executives hold a master's degree but I have seen graduates who hold a great designation in a company. I think in my country experience counts more than degree. However, having a degree is a sort of a plus point.

anil02

Verified member
In the past, a lot of people benefitted from studying professional courses like Medicine, Engineering, Law, Accounting etc. while people that didn't do professional courses usually struggled to get a job. But these days I have noticed that the trend is changing. For example, there are some footballers that didn't see the four walls of a school talkless of studying professional courses but they are some of the world's top earners in our society as of today. There are also some Programmers and software developers that are self taught and never went to a formal school yet they earn a lot. This lead me to the following questions,
In the future say , 15 years from now, would professional degree matter ?
You gave some example how many peoples are capable is doing it. It is right that degree is not enough to success in any field. We must practical experience of doing work. If some one like to do a job that degree is must for them. All degrees are not worthless. For some profession like medicine degree is must.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It depends on the country that you reside. But in some of the African countries, education has been bastardised. And all the professional degrees are no longer freak anybody again. The society doesn't play value on your education prowess anymore but the cash in your pocket. This has made some people believe that education is a waste of time and resources.

Teatea

Well, it is quite true that most people don't use their certificates to work and the trends have changed in the sense that certificates doesn't equal financial freedom. But I believe strongly that the importance of education can not be overemphasized, and education is not restricted to the four walls of a school.

Snazzy001

everything you need is worth the hype because you have channel to your time and energy into seeing that it becomes a success .perhaps the hype is what gives value to it .it is not easy to spend 5 years in a program and not end up seeing the importance in it