Finance Are Funds Always Necessary To Start A Business?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am aware of the fact that funding or fincing is one of the most important aspect of busines and it is considered lifeblood of any business. Many people often struggle with the funding aspect of business because they simply do not have funds or money to start or maintain a business. This is exactly one of the main reasons why many people take loans or borrow money and take risks. However, I have also heard of many smart people who have managed to start business without funds. Mostly, they also take risk and buy products on guarantee. They buy products on credit and and they sell those products on cash. If they are not able to sell the products, they simply return the products. I am not sure if such kind of thing does happen. But it is really possible to do this?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
anyone who is venturing into any business should prepare financially because business generally is financial demanding. I don't think it is possible for you to buy goods on credit then sale. Firstly you are not trusted by the suppliers as a newbie in business and they will definitely not give you their goods on credit.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Funds are the most integral part of a business. Without having a financial solid backup or being financially equipped, you may find it very difficult to be successful in any particular business. Cos apparently you will need money to set yourself up and your business running. You will need money for advertising and awareness. So funding importance in a business is boundless.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Funds are the most integral part of a business. Without having a financial solid backup or being financially equipped, you may find it very difficult to be successful in any particular business. Cos apparently you will need money to set yourself up and your business running. You will need money for advertising and awareness. So funding importance in a business is boundless.

There is always an option for people who are willing to make money and starting the business. If people do not have the option to invest a good sum of money due to a lack of capital, they may start with the limited capital they have. You cannot earn money if you do not have money or if the seller does not sell you and give you products on credit to sell and make money during the initial stages. It's a sad reality.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
There is always an option for people who are willing to make money and starting the business. If people do not have the option to invest a good sum of money due to a lack of capital, they may start with the limited capital they have. You cannot earn money if you do not have money or if the seller does not sell you and give you products on credit to sell and make money during the initial stages. It's a sad reality.
I think you are on track....Starting low or small in any business is really important as you get to learn so many things on your own. And through starting low, you would garner so much experience while improving yourself in the business. Eventually you would become your own mentor or becoming mentor to other people.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think you are on track....Starting low or small in any business is really important as you get to learn so many things on your own. And through starting low, you would garner so much experience while improving yourself in the business. Eventually you would become your own mentor or becoming mentor to other people.

Yes, it is far much better to start small. If you have no experience when it comes to business, then the best option would be to make limited investment to gain experience or conduct business with an experienced person. I would never advise anyone to borrow loans because borrowing money never ends up in a great way.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I don't really know a business can be opened without capital. The mere fact of creating a website for an online retailing is already an expense. For an offline retailing that is home based you still need to work on the prospects. Is you buy on credit and the products are delivered to you, that would be impossible to think of.

funmi

Verified member
I know it is possible to start a business without funds. But I think that will take a long time and process to start making enough money on the business. But when you start a business with your own money, you will know the amount of money you invested into the business and how much you are expecting as your returns. To me, it is better you start your business with your funds.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Our if the four factors of production that we have, capital is the most important if not the most crucial self. It may seem impossible to start anything business if there is no corresponding capital that will be able to start this business. But there are some investment online that require no capital.

Good luck

Verified member
Fund plays a major and vital role when it comes to doing any kind or form of business one want to venture into.money is the key issue when it comes to making money generally.Even the time you spend in doing any business is equivalent to money or capital that is why it is said that time is money and one should spend its time wisely

Phabbyfundz

Starting a business without funds is like going to school with books. Business that might progress without funding still depends on the kind of business you want to venture into. But a good business man or woman must always be prepared for whatever and funds keeps you on that track. I wouldn't discourage anyone who doesn't have enough funding not to start a business but always bear in mind that you will certainly at some point still need to put in money to enhance the growth of that business.

Skysaint

Verified member
No, I do not agree that one could actually start up a business without funds. How possible is that? You have to invest money to earn money. When someone have a business idea in mind, no matter how lucrative the business idea may seem to be, it remains only but an idea until it is implemented which always do require a startup capital.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
While numerous companies need most of their initial money to pay for supplies such as inventory, equipment, rent, payroll, many start-ups can begin with very little upfront investment. Enterprises which focuses on services, such as consulting, running errands, and freelance work, will more than likely have all the basic materials necessary for a job. On the other hand, what evolves over time and becomes a must for most enterprises to scale and reach growth levels is securing extra money through savings, loans, investors or reinvestment of revenue. A thorough planning defines your MVP needs which are enough for startup costs...

Last edited:

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Even if businesses are started without using any starting up capital, there is no way we won't need money at least for promoting the business. This means it is literally impossible not to involve money while running a business.

But to be straight forward to the question asked, it is possible to have some businesses that do not have or need capital. This business are mostly offline and the online ones include being a middle man between a buyer and a manufacturer, there will be some commission to be paid for referring new customers. This may sound unsustainable.