Any better idea of starting a Dry cleaning Business with $1500?

Chase

Am planning on starting a dry cleaning or laundry business with $1500. Do you think this is enough to rent a shop and get equipment and one employee ready to kick start the business?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The capital is enough to buy the necessary equipment needed to start up the business. However I cannot say that of rentage of shop because it depends on the location one is staying. Aside this, there should be choice of good location while starting up this kind of business in order to make enough profit.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The capital is enough to buy the necessary equipment needed to start up the business. However I cannot say that of rentage of shop because it depends on the location one is staying. Aside this, there should be choice of good location while starting up this kind of business in order to make enough profit.

I think that the capital might be sufficient enough to purchase the necessary toolls or equipment to start the business. However, this capital is not enough to rent a shop and purchase all the necessary equipments. Most of the people in my country invest at least $4,000 in order to start dry cleaning business.

Skysaint

Verified member
Well, it depends on how much is the cost of a washing machine in your area and other related stuff to dry cleaning business. You will also have to rent a room or rooms for that so I think the best is for you to carry out a market research, you can ask those who are already into the business

Setho

VIP Contributor
$1500 is definitely a huge amount of money. You should use a decent amount of that money to open a shop in a very good environment. It will be of advantage if you can add options for both pick up and delivery for those who are interested in your services.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Starting dry cleaning business with that amount in my country is really cool and also enough to even make your business more attractive through packaging. The only problem you maybe facing if it were to be my country, is electricity, cos there's epileptic power supply in my country which will definitely affect your business. But if you reside in a country with no issue with electricity, then perhaps you should have nothing to worry about!

Icon

Yes of course if you are serious you can start a business with $1500 or even less just make sure you get an affordable store and buy all the equipment you need to start then advertising your laundry store is also important to tell people about the servicess you render

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
That is even too much but this also will depend on the location, there are some location that you can be able to start up the business with just $500 over here in Nigeria, washing machine is not really expensive you only have to rent a shop and get all the necessary chemicals that will be needed to run your business successfully such as detergent, and other laundry materials
. It might only be expensive since you need to get a generator for a constant power supply when you are interested to use the washing machine.. it is a lucrative business.