Agriculture as a career choice

Apollo

Agriculture is a very viable way of making money. There is always a readily available market for agricultural products. The most important Details here should be having the necessary knowledge of the branch you want to venture into.

Asad Ali

Agravations are a very positive career choice, but most people are shy of it probably because they think it's very physical, so they think it's intended for the local population, which has led to an increase in agriculture production. Farming alone is not an easy venture. In order for to succeed, it needs adequate information.

Khezo

Agriculture is really a very good and highly profitable business if ventured into. Agriculture doesn't just involves tilling the stock and all of that. You might decide to venture into the animal aspect of it. This is what I really enjoy. The reading of livestock's like birds for there meat and egg and also rabbits for there meat. I so believe there are lots of money to be made from this businesses

Irfan Aslam

Agriculture is a successful career option given that you do not use the subsistence form as a mechanized form. You can make a massive amount of money with mechanized agriculture and live a comfortable life. If you've come from Nigeria, you are on a fine journey because the Pakistani government invests heavily in farming and provides grants to those interested in agriculture and a vast area of land.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Agriculture can simply be regarded as a practice of cultivation of crops and rearing of animals for the benefit of Man. Actually this business is one of the most lucrative for over 1000 years. Nigeria used to depend on agricultural produce for export but the discovery of oil has relegated agriculture. Many Nigerians especially the youths now see agriculture as a poor man business.

Teatea

Agriculture is a very sustainable and lucrative business path. People were involved fully in agriculture before civilization which took away people's attention and focus to attractive desk jobs. Now, people are going back to agriculture after seeing what they are missing and the mine waiting to be digged. Most graduates now go into farming full time after school and some even study the course.

IamDozzy

Agriculture is a good career choice provided you are practicing the mechanized form of it an not the Subsistence form. With mechanized agriculture, one can make a huge ton of money from it and live a comfortable life. If you are from Nigeria, then you are in for a good ride because the Nigerian government is massively investing in agricultural schemes and giving grants and a large expanse of land to those interested in practicing agriculture.

D

Deleted member 27126

Agriculture is pretty much a topic we all know and understand much about. People practicing agriculture are very much important to the society as a whole because they provide food and yo some extent medicine and clothing for the public.Agriculture is the science or practice of farming, including cultivation of the soil for the growing of crops and the rearing of animals to provide food, wool, and other products. Agriculture is divided into two basic types namely crop plantation and animal husbandry. Animal husbandry is the science of breeding and caring for farm animals. While crop plantation is the process of growing crops for consumption and for sales. So here is my question would you consider agriculture as a career choice, and which one would you choose?
Agriculture is indeed one of the oldest ways of survival that is still relevant till today but the problem is that the nation of ours with her youths has jettisoned this great means of survival, everyone looking for a better option where there is none.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I have seen as a growing business, but what happens in India for now is people who don't have sufficient degree of it, they don't get easy jobs. I have seen this struggle with my brother who has been applying to work in this sector. But, there are some shortcomings when you are seeking a job for it, but starting it as a business is a different thing.
Job in agriculture sector? But in India agriculture is considered the job of jobless; I think owning a farm is better, he must buy agricultural land and start using his own farm; if he already knows how to do agriculture, then it will work. There are also ways to cultivate/harvest without farm, but that will cost more.

Agriculture is pretty much a topic we all know and understand much about. People practicing agriculture are very much important to the society as a whole because they provide food and yo some extent medicine and clothing for the public.Agriculture is the science or practice of farming, including cultivation of the soil for the growing of crops and the rearing of animals to provide food, wool, and other products. Agriculture is divided into two basic types namely crop plantation and animal husbandry. Animal husbandry is the science of breeding and caring for farm animals. While crop plantation is the process of growing crops for consumption and for sales. So here is my question would you consider agriculture as a career choice, and which one would you choose?

Lekhraj19

Verified member
I have seen as a growing business, but what happens in India for now is people who don't have sufficient degree of it, they don't get easy jobs. I have seen this struggle with my brother who has been applying to work in this sector. But, there are some shortcomings when you are seeking a job for it, but starting it as a business is a different thing.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Agriculture is a good job that one can lay hand upon and and make it in life. Agriculture is a lucrative business especially when things is costly in the country.
Selling of Agric produce is also profitable because if you buy something at the rate of #3000 at the month of January and by March you can sell it at the rate of #6000.
So one can now see the important of Agriculture as a carrier.

Olajidey

Agriculture is the cultivation of crops and rearing of animal for man use. Agriculture is still among the business I look forward to practise if I have the capital. I really want to become a farmer in a commercial way. The only problem mitigating agriculture system is the availability of market and there is no government ruling on fixed price.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Going into agriculture is a nice idea and lucrative business. But you have to have the necessary information from the agricultural extention for you not to run into loss. They will tell you the type of seeds slot crops to plant and even the time to plant these crops plus all the pre and posting cultural practices that you must involve in to make profit.

Sammyesx

Agriculture is a very good career choice, but most people shy away from it's probably because they think it is a very physical career parts so they believe it is meant for the locals which has resulted in the increase of agriculture produce, agriculture in itself is not an easy venture, it is affected by other factor like weather conditions, quality of the land etc. It also requires sufficient knowledge for UT to be successful.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I like this discussion because our country needs more farmers. The average age of farmers here is nearing 60 years old. The researcher said that in 5 to 10 years time there will be no more farmers if the college graduates of agricultural course will not go to the farm. Farming here is getting obsolete because of the low income of farmers.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Agriculture can be a good employment, but there is a problem of land, the more we get into agriculture, the less the land will be. Agriculture can be attracted only where there is less population and more fertile land. Otherwise, it would be good if only a few people do agricultural work.