Africa now leads in bitcoin trading.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
If the trading is profitable to me then I would invite a friend. And if that friend earns from trading then he will invite another friend. That is the so called word of mouth that makes something viral especially now with the social media. I guess that is what's happening in Africa now that trading in crypto is going viral around the continent.
You may be right because there are no enough job available for Africans both online and offline so they are easily moved or motivated to try out ways that has been proven to be profitable and reliable. Lots of people invested in cryptocurrency because they have seen their friends making money by taking the risk to invest in a very short time especially last year when cryptocurrencies had bull run all through.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This does not catch me unaware. Before the regulation on crypto market in Nigeria, Nigeria, z country in the western part of Africa was the second when it comes to crypto market then. And ever since the partial banning on crypto, most African depend on peer to peer platform to continue trading in cryptocurrency

Josemendez

Verified member
You are absolutely right I think the only challenge African is having currently is the fact that we are not dominating or having strong influence in the cryptic currency Market such that our decision from the continent will have impact in the market though if most countries in the region has adopted cryptocurrencies we might be more powerful than China.
In coming years , African countries will be the top countries with cryptocurrency trading and knowledge because they were among the early adopters of the method. If the world should adopt cryptocurrency , Africa won't have issues understanding and using. Africa just need to build their own exchange site.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Am not surprised that this is happening because Africa has always been in the from line of the internet and the cryptocurrency journey was welcomed wholeheartedly because it has the feature to strengthen the week Fiat currency of the African countries.
I think Africa is in the top three continents that cryptocurrency is been used.
You are absolutely right I think the only challenge African is having currently is the fact that we are not dominating or having strong influence in the cryptic currency Market such that our decision from the continent will have impact in the market though if most countries in the region has adopted cryptocurrencies we might be more powerful than China.

Josemendez

Verified member
Am not surprised that this is happening because Africa has always been in the from line of the internet and the cryptocurrency journey was welcomed wholeheartedly because it has the feature to strengthen the week Fiat currency of the African countries.
I think Africa is in the top three continents that cryptocurrency is been used.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
P2P volume certainly would rise in Africa countries due to the fact that a lot of them has not accepted crypto currency so the only method left for traders and investors is P2P ...just hope with time they will come to terms that crypto currency should be accepted and not banned
That's very correct and facts mostly every month the trading volume in peer-to-peer transactions keeps rising Africa it is very likely that it may take long time for most African countries will begin to fully participate or integrate cryptocurrency. I also believe that the bearish moment and the cryptocurrency market makes most of the countries to be discourage considering the volatile nature of cryptocurrency.

Destinyfejiro

It is not longer news that most African countries has not legalize the use of cryptocurrencies in their respective countries probably because of the volatile nature of cryptocurrencies and the instability in their economy.
Young Africans especially are determined to explain Crypto currency opportunities at all good cost this lead to the use of peer to peer Exchange platforms such has paxful, local Bitcoin and Binance for their transactions.
Recent update from UsefulTulips shows that the P2P trading volume in the continent of Africa has increased by 50% from last year to May 2021 with most African countries having increase by 15% to 30% in bitcoin trading volume which amount to $17 million.
West and south African countries experience more growth in cryptocurrency adoption.
Share your opinion on this Africa development.
P2P volume certainly would rise in Africa countries due to the fact that a lot of them has not accepted crypto currency so the only method left for traders and investors is P2P ...just hope with time they will come to terms that crypto currency should be accepted and not banned

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Even when the country banned crypto to naira exchange, we're still going strong in the digital currency investment, knowing too well about its long time benefits. The P2P trading have increased rapidly since the decision of banning crypto to naira was taken by the CBN. I've even found comfort my own using P2P method, just like i do when withdrawal is straightforward. Binance simply made it straightforward for me.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Nigeria has been the lead in cryptocurrency trading in Africa....I think people are diversifying from offline to online because there are fewer opportunities offline, left for people in most part of African countries. So we seek refuge online and as we are working online, people are discovering about cryptocurrencies. And also through information and word of mouth....!

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
This is really encouraging because despite the low technology and social amenities provided by the government in some Africa countries, the citizens still actually go ahead and take the move of looking out for other means to trade crypto and earn money online this is innovative and very good , I hope the adoption rate doesn't stop there but improves more

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I know not all countries in Africa have embraced BTC adoption and any other coins for transactions. Countries like Nigeria, South Africa are simply leading in terms of crypto investment. Those two countries citizens have find favour in crypto investment that's why they're very motivated around its long time goal.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
It is not longer news that most African countries has not legalize the use of cryptocurrencies in their respective countries probably because of the volatile nature of cryptocurrencies and the instability in their economy.
Young Africans especially are determined to explain Crypto currency opportunities at all good cost this lead to the use of peer to peer Exchange platforms such has paxful, local Bitcoin and Binance for their transactions.
Recent update from UsefulTulips shows that the P2P trading volume in the continent of Africa has increased by 50% from last year to May 2021 with most African countries having increase by 15% to 30% in bitcoin trading volume which amount to $17 million.
West and south African countries experience more growth in cryptocurrency adoption.
Share your opinion on this Africa development.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If the trading is profitable to me then I would invite a friend. And if that friend earns from trading then he will invite another friend. That is the so called word of mouth that makes something viral especially now with the social media. I guess that is what's happening in Africa now that trading in crypto is going viral around the continent.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Nigeria should definitely lift the ban from cryptocurrencies. I really do not understand why the rest of the world is banning Bitcoin and other cryptos while the modern world and many other developed countries like the United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, etc are moving forward towards development and digitalization. I was quite surprised to know that even Netherlands was planning to ban cryptos. I just hope governments stop banning cryptos.
The modern or advanced countries already have stable and advanced economy that they can use to test run new technological innovations unlike the other smaller or less developed countries , though ban is not an option in the current digital realities but a careful under study of how the countries can regulate and key into cryptocurrencies safely should be their focus.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
You are right, Nigeria is driving force in Africa ,if the country could legalize cryptocurrencies the trading volume will be much higher because people will be free to trade,invest and stake conviniently. Africans needs financial freedom and ways to make money out of the traditional ways of working 8 hours daily with little peanut as salary.

Nigeria should definitely lift the ban from cryptocurrencies. I really do not understand why the rest of the world is banning Bitcoin and other cryptos while the modern world and many other developed countries like the United States, Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, etc are moving forward towards development and digitalization. I was quite surprised to know that even Netherlands was planning to ban cryptos. I just hope governments stop banning cryptos.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Most of the modern technology that is coming into existence is adopted by most of the African people, it is a nice development for Africa and it is something of a great happiness whenever I remember how I came into an understanding of crypto currency, but even with this why are we not strong enough to manipulate and influenced the cryptocurrency market as Elon musk is doing ?

Ahmedo24

Verified member
I am not an African, but I really do hope that Africa will become one of the leading continents where cryptcurrencies are mined. However, this is only possible if countries like Nigeria lift the ban on cryptocurrencies. If Nigeria does not lift the ban, then I am sure that many other African countries will be mining coins.
You are right, Nigeria is driving force in Africa ,if the country could legalize cryptocurrencies the trading volume will be much higher because people will be free to trade,invest and stake conviniently. Africans needs financial freedom and ways to make money out of the traditional ways of working 8 hours daily with little peanut as salary.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am not an African, but I really do hope that Africa will become one of the leading continents where cryptcurrencies are mined. However, this is only possible if countries like Nigeria lift the ban on cryptocurrencies. If Nigeria does not lift the ban, then I am sure that many other African countries will be mining coins.

funmi

Verified member
Yes o. It seems as if bitcoin was made or created for Africans. Especially Nigerians, cryptocurrency has really helped a lot of people to stay out of poverty level. Despite the government's ban, we are still striving. This is a good news for us, if some of our African government are trying to put us into poverty, God has made a way for us.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I am not surprised that p2p trading volumes increased proportionally in the africa continent
Reason being that, most of the countries within Africa banned the digital currency from their trading platforms . So , the only way out is to resort to p2p option of trading bitcoin.
This makes it an alternative way of trading on the digital currency market and it does makes the volume rise in favour of Africa