Affiliate Marketing for Web Hosting Companies

Mika

VIP Contributor
A lot of people start Affiliate marketing through the affiliate networks like Amazon, CJ Affiliate, ShareASale, LinkShare, ClickBank, etc. These are some of the popular affiliate networks that offer good commission rates for affiliate marketers. While you don't require a website to do affiliate marketing for Amazon, other affiliate networks like CJ Affiliate, ShareASale, LinkShare, ClickBank require you to have your own website. CJ Affiliate, ShareASale, LinkShare, ClickBank do not have high requirements for approval but you do need a website to promote the products from these companies.

For a lot of businesses promoting their products and services through affiliate marketing, affiliate networks, and affiliates is one proven way to drive sales. That’s a reason a lot of businesses have affiliate program.

Most of the web hosting companies also have affiliate program. Some of these affiliate programs offer you recurring commissions and some affiliate programs offered by web hosting companies have one time commission. Recurring commission means you earn commissions as long as the person you referred stays with the hosting company and renews domains and hosting. One time commission means, you earn a fixed amount for reach person you refer to these web hosting company.

Have you done affiliate marketing for web hosting companies? Which web hosting company affiliate program you joined? What’s your experience like?

I think the best way to earn from affiliate marketing is to avail of the company's affiliate program like that of Amazon's. It is convenient especially if you cannot have your own website for promoting the products. However, I know that some in affiliate marketing are using social media. If that is more profitable then that would be better.

I have tried promoting a lot of web hosting companies but sadly I have not been able to generate any sales. I have tried promoting ipage, namecheap, hostgator, and bluehost through my website, social pages, but I have failed to generate any sales. It is really difficult to convince people.

You can make a lot of money promoting different hosting package as an affiliate. You can create a dedicated website targeting web hosting niche. Then you can start writing quality contents on hosting and embed affiliate links in all the contents. Some of your website visitors are going to click on the links to purchase hosting account and you are going to make commission that way.