Academic Success For A Better Career

The popular saying that "Exam isn’t a true test of knowledge" has become a normal sentence that most of us here must have come across at one point especially at school, work or in public.

Alot of people are very fast to say it mostly to justify their bad and awful academic performance, lack of substantial academic effort and most times, the state of the country's educational system.

Nevertheless, my aim today is not to finally put to bed, the idea that exam is or is not the true test of knowledge but to bring to you the secrets you need to make good grades so as to have a good career.

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it diligently with all your might".

This quote right here has really guided my life efforts and actually brought out proceeds of excellence from it.

So what if exam is not the true test of knowledge?

So what if "school na scam"? As said by Nigerians..

So what if every one of your friends is out in the streets hustling for money?

This is just the beginning, watch out for part 2.

Always consider what you have at hand. The fact that you're a student is indeed a privilege,so make sure you make the very best out of it.
A hardworking student will always update his knowledge bank,skill sets and at the end, exhibit excellently on his exams.
However, in order to drive to my point. I will be take into consideration, 3 layers;
1. Purpose of exam
2. Students' categories two weeks to their exam.
3. Academic Success irrespective of your category.

ONE: PURPOSE OF EXAM
By default, the aim of examination whether in school or at work or in the public is to rate of someone's knowledge about a subject and it's most times done after studying. It is seen as a feedback however alot of people have complained that it is not a perfect feedback method for reasons know to them.

Some students blame their lecturers for their bad lectures or means of teaching which could be inadequate due to lack of teaching materials and equipments or the lecturer's behaviour/manner. However, we all know that in the western world, students are given the privilege to appraise their lecturers and this is followed seriously. It's a method of the school asking the teachers/lecturers to prove that their teachings were worthwhile. But in Africa or Nigeria precisely, we don't have such a platform and this helps to decay the academic system.

Watch out for part 3.

TWO: STUDENTS' CATEGORIES TWO WEEKS TO EXAM

Out of my wealth of experience in school, I'll say that there are 3 types of students during exam period.
They are;
A. Ready geeks
B. Semi ready geeks
C. Scary geeks

Let's start with A.
A. READY GEEKS
This set of students are those who resumed school on time, always attended classes, started reading on time, going for serious night classes and to them, exam seasons looks like a birthday party to them.

B. SEMI READY GEEKS
This set of students try to treat school softly, however some of them are really brilliant but at the same time lack confidence during exam seasons. They always gather at the exam timetable notice to see and argue if it in anyway favours them.

C. SCARY GEEKS
This set are just so irresponsible with school action totality. They are never ever ready for exams even though you give them 3 weeks or 1 month notice ahead. They always try to see how they can just get an E in all their courses, thereby avoiding am F, so that they don't rewrite the course.

So where do you fall in these categories???

Watch out for part 4

THREE: Academic Success irrespective of your category

I want to believe that you that is reading this thread isn't among those in the 3rd category from my previous post. Yes you are not from the third category!!
We need knowledge and that's part of the reason we all went to school but when exam comes, you don't need to read for knowledge that much. You are to read for knowledgefrom the day school starts, but when exam commences, I'll advice that you stop reading for knowledge and focus more on reading to achieve an A in all your courses. This is an advice to a Nigerian stxudent out there. We know what we face in school espeythe university. So follow this method. Also, solve past questions too, it helps alot in building your confidence for that examination. Meet your colleagues too who are smart and ask them to solve or explain areas that you do not understand. This will help you or prevent you from depending on them during the exam thereby absconding from malpractices m. Then finally pray to God, because he is the giver of wisdom and retentive memory. Then finally, smash that exam!!!!

Last edited:

Kapazität

I support you on this sir,
In this part of the world where students don't take education seriously.
Personally, I believe in the power of consistency. I know from experience that what you do always will surely become part of your life as time goes on.

A certain man of God once said "Consistency is prove that you did not rise by luck"

Diligence is another virture that must not be overlooked.
Just like you said, one should be very serious about any category (students or Hustler) he finds himself. He will always be defined or addressed from that stand point.

Youths will get better
Know your passion

I wait for the next part

Ozigba Richard Lamai

These days I'm not really sure but the academic success for better career really works because postgraduate to believe schools without having jobs or have anything to do but you having that dream go and vision you can be able to put things in place. It is good to have good academic success I also have a better career but there is one thing to have academic success and there's another thing for you to have the job in order for you to actualize your vision all this must be actualized for you to be a better person in life and to be a successful person.

From my own region success is not achieved through good results and reading to pass your exams in school does not mean that your career is certain because after school securing jobs becomes difficult no matter what you graduated with and even when you succeed in getting a job might not be your choice

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view everyone should go to school and become more educated in order for you to be able to get a good career in future and also you must be aware of what you really want in life and follow your path to success. You don't have to follow the choices of other people when it comes to your career and life or your education you should choose what you believe it's best for you to. And work hard to get it