A small business for the unemployed

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In this time of continual lockdown so many have lost their jobs in our country. Their usual recourse is to engage in small business particularly food items. Some would buy vegetables and fruits to resell to their community and some would cook food to sell to their neighbors. I commend that style of business because a small-scale business is the easiest to handle. That means you do not need much accounting knowledge much more there is no government permit or license required.

For others who so not know how to cook then you can settle for selling small personal or household items. Everyone needs toothpaste, soap, shampoo and other bathroom accessories. In the kitchen there is the regular need for cooking oil and condiments. If you have a small capital to buy supplies then you can sell in the neighborhood. The profit is not big but if the sale is on a regular basis then the earnings can probably take care of your daily needs particularly the meals.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
In this time of continual lockdown so many have lost their jobs in our country. Their usual recourse is to engage in small business particularly food items. Some would buy vegetables and fruits to resell to their community and some would cook food to sell to their neighbors. I commend that style of business because a small-scale business is the easiest to handle. That means you do not need much accounting knowledge much more there is no government permit or license required.

For others who so not know how to cook then you can settle for selling small personal or household items. Everyone needs toothpaste, soap, shampoo and other bathroom accessories. In the kitchen there is the regular need for cooking oil and condiments. If you have a small capital to buy supplies then you can sell in the neighborhood. The profit is not big but if the sale is on a regular basis then the earnings can probably take care of your daily needs particularly the meals.
Seriously, you have a nice idea up there. U employed person can venture into food. Selling of food is very lucrative because everybody eats. The only thing that needed to be done is just to take time to learn different dishes for even different people and then you should consider setting it up in a crowded environment.

Briangsam

You really put smart ideas up there. But regardless of how little it is, it will be very difficult to raise the little capital as unemployed; especially if you come from some certain countries with really bad economy and terrible leadership. But I subscribe to the food selling business though, as one can work in an established food joints like eateries while gathering capital to start small.

Ralphjoe

Cooking is actually the best business for unemployed people as I have never heard that anyone that went into the cooking industry has ever lost because people will always buy your food especially when your food is delicious. In my country Nigeria, there is a high demand for food cooked outside because most people actually goes to work so they don't have time to be cooking and they will prefer to eat out rather than eat in.

Samuel72

Verified member
I totally agree with you as selling of simple products as you have mentioned is a way to get money and the beautiful thing about this type of business is that there's room for expansion as the business begins to grow it will bring in more profit. Way more better than staying and not doing anything.