A simple way to manage your eemotions and live happy everyday.

• Thread starter Deleted member 27180
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27180

Everyone has experienced anger, sadness, disappointment and frustration. If improperly managed, these negative emotions can break relationship, ruin projects and even take a person's life. I have learnt and emotional management skill that I find very effective.
I will share it without.
Imagine you can separate your feelings into different rooms. The skill is simply to keep different emotions into different Roms and never mix emotions in one room.
I may be very frustrated with work, but once I am not on the issue, that room is closed. When I work other projects or talk to other people, my emotions will become neutral.
I have three siblings, when one sibling makes me angry, I will not bring down my anger on my other siblings. Every room starts with a neutral emotion. In fact, it is bad to suppress your emotions, don't suppress it, let it out, but let it out fast.
I practice the five minutes rule.
That means I will not hold on to the negative emotion for more than five minutes. Well, I don't really time it, but once I have let out my emotion, I am done. I will simply keep it in the room and shut it.
Just remember that your emotions should end with particular trigger or event.
Over the years, I have learned to switch my emotions and fast. Most important if all, I have learnt not to bring the emotions of one room into another room. This skill have helped me to always keep a positive mindset.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Stress can lead to so many things that is why it is advisable that we try as much as possible to get in touch with our doctors and we have to carry out series of tests in our body to know our health condition ,this will help us live happily , spending time with family and friends can also help when you are depressed and most important thing sleep well.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Managing emotion is truly a tough thing to do. This is because our emotion is not really stable. We act base on the situation most time and not really base on our nature. It is not a difficult one to see a pastor, for instance, fighting dirty at some instances. Not that he's under some influences but the situation warrant him to be violent at that particular time.

So, the most common factor that always alter our emotion most time is disappointment. It may be from one's lobe which maybe due to heartbreak or divorce, or even from family and friends by breaking their promises. How do I manage it personally?

I have a golden rule. I always hope for the best but always expect the worst. I do know that the worst thing to happen to me is disappointment. So I am always prepared for it even though, I don't hope for it. The reason is that I don't always want the thing to happen first before fondinf solution.

Another thing that I always do is to make sure that I don't make friend rather people make me their friends. I have many people as friends but it is amazing that I didn't initiate friendship with any one of them. So when they disappoint me, I won't feel it because from the onset they see me as friends and not otherwise.