5 types of people to avoid if you want to be successful in life

Johnson2468

Valued Contributor
You need people, but not just anyone, to succeed in life. You need people who think similarly to you and have comparable goals. The majority of successful individuals have figured out how to stay away from particular types of people; if you want to succeed too, you must do the same.

Here are the types of people to run away from if you want to be successful in life

1. People who don't believe in your vision

This one is really important because you won't receive assistance from someone who doesn't share your vision. Such individuals will seek to alter or limit your vision instead. Avoid them at all costs.

2. People who are always envious

If you discover someone is extremely envious, please keep your distance. Envious people are jealous of your success or accomplishments, and if you're not careful, they could ruin what you have.

3. People who wish want to use you

You must also stay away from those who only wish to take advantage of you. They are leeches who are just interested in obtaining something from you or using you to further their goals. You cannot develop when such a person is in your vicinity.

4. People Who Discredit You

Run away from someone who constantly disparages you at every chance they get. A person who wants to see you succeed won't criticize you.

5. Selfish People

Avoid being around selfish people because they only think about themselves and don't care about others. Such people will hinder your success.

Rubz

These are all very good points. In life, we can't always please everyone and most times trying to please people can be very detrimental to one's successful. One should avoid these set of people for one to be successful:
  • People who lowers one's self esteem. There was a day my sister came home crying, and i then asked her what was wrong. She said a girl in her class called her fat. I consoled her. We later found out that this particular girl ate a lot and took different kind of pills to be like my sister. One should avoid all these kind of people because they are often jealous of one and they don't want one to succeed.
  • People who get angry when one experience something good. I had a friend then who was always mad when i got higher grades than her. I cut her off because these kind of people are against one's success.