Health Insurance 5 Quickest Ways To Lower Your Insurance Premium

Moni

It is a old saying: Wealth is Wealth.
The most important step to maintain this wealth is get a health insurance policy for you as well as your family. But, sometimes the premiums of such policies can leave you in and out of the budget Situation.

5 quickest way to lower your health insurance premium

1 Adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Living a healthy life has many benefits. Your healthy lifestyle can easily help you in bringing Dow the health insurance premium.

2 Shop for the best available price.
One of the best options to keep your premium lowest is to go out and shop around for health care policy. This will ensure that you find the best available policy that fits in your budget

3 Take up plans with higher deductibles
Insurance plans with higher deductible tend to have lower premiums. Typically, deductible is the amount you you are expected to pay toward hospital, doctor, and other medical bills.

4 Take up a policy early in your life.
The premium varies to a great extent with the age of the age of the person. Try and get a policy as early in your life as you can.

5 Get in touch with independent insurance agents
You can take help from independent insurance agencies and guide you to pick the right kind of health insurance policy and then plan your premiums at an affordable rate.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Most of the points explained on the topic have nothing to do with lowering your premiums. For example, you need a healthy lifestyle to minimize the risk of disease but what has a healthy lifestyle has to do with the lower premiums. Whether you are sick or no sick, you still need to pay the same premiums.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I understand your points in this post but I think that first point was not necessary to be listed among the points because once you are already on a health insurance plan I don’t think living a healthy lifestyle or not really affect the insurance premium anymore. To me, the point would have been valid if it was before applying for the health insurance.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
To buy insurance policy, there some certain things to take note of . Most of the points raised are necessary. Shopping for plans that suits your earnings is a key. When you go for premium that you can't afford, you will end flouting the rules
The best bet is to understudy the policy and also invite the insurance agent to analyse the policy to you in clear terms.

uforwealth

Verified member
First of all, there is an error in the first statement which is "wealth is wealth". It should be Health is Wealth.

If you're wealthy, you won't think of lowering your premiums because lowering your monthly or yearly premium may reduce the quality or benefits that come with the the insurance policy you purchased. As a strikingly rich person, you won't like to do that.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Health is wealth, for one to have better insurance premium benefits he or she shouldn't be prone to the insurance policy he or she is opting for. If the person is prone then the premium service fee will be increased and the benefit will be reduced cos they know that the person is a risk to their business, making them to spend a lot.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
To me most of the ways listed above seems like prevention measures. Because adopting a healthy lifestyle would not make any difference after you have already bought the health insurance plan. Please do not take offense, some ways on there also makes sense, I just feel that particular point made should have been more explained.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah once the insurance company find out how healthy the person had been the premium the person would be paying would be much more lower ,compared to a very unhealthy person ,I think they do premium calculations to give out the best premiums to be paid by the insurer too ,

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Your points are valid. It is important for individuals to maintain a healthy lifestyle because that will go a very long way in saving them a whole lot of money. When you want to purchase an insurance premium it is very important you shop around before concluding and making a final decision.