General insurance 5 Modes of Insurance Fraud

Suba

Staff member
Insurance as a financial product will be offered to the public through marketing agents or insurance salesmen. Prospective insurance customers can ask what products and benefits are or product consultations that suit themselves or are needed, and the benefits that will be obtained and can also ask how to claim etc. But unfortunately this situation is often used by unscrupulous insurance marketing employees for personal gain. So the intent and purpose of this thread is as a guide to anyone who will buy insurance products, to identify fraud modes that often occur in insurance companies, so you can avoid them. Here are 5 modes of insurance fraud:
1. Do not transfer premiums to personal accounts
This type of fraud mode often occurs due to overly trusting insurance sales agents, so the victim transfers premium fees to the sales personal account. So it should be transferred directly to the insurance company account number attached to the insurance policy.

2. Fee churning, is an insurance sales mode that persuades its customers or policy holders to be willing to open a new policy so that insurance sales will get a commission.
3. Insurance sales often do not explain in detail, because for him the most important thing is how to sell as many policies as possible. and insurance sales do not explain about losses only profits.

4. Changing the Policy. Many frauds also occur when customers want to upgrade or downgrade, but customers instead open new policies that suit customer needs. So the customer must always pay attention to the policy number listed whether it is the same as the old policy number that he has owned.

5. Insurance agents often advise not to inform the actual health condition or illness that he is suffering from when filling out the policy application form, so that this application will be easily approved by the insurance company, but there will be difficulties when claiming because there is dishonesty to the customer.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
First rule is, never trust insurance agent, they can make any fraud, if any agent do overacting to woo me, I will just get rid of him/ her.
I do check what insurance cover is required and which is more profitable, then I go for it. Agents only try to sell what they want to sell, they do not really help people.

3. Insurance sales often do not explain in detail,
In our country this is mandatory to give full details, otherwise claims are objectionable. However, they give very large details in very small size that nobody would like to read, so it is better to check everything yourself to avoid problems.