Saving Money 4 Ways to Save Money When You Can't Stop Spending.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
If you want to save money, you need to change the way you think about spending. Just because you have the money doesn't mean you have to spend it. Start thinking about ways to save instead of ways to spend.

Make a budget

A budget is a key tool for saving money. It will help you track your spending and find areas where you can cut back. Make sure to include both your income and your expenses in your budget.

Find cheaper alternatives

There are often cheaper alternatives to the things we want to buy. For example, instead of going out to eat, you could cook at home. Instead of buying new clothes, you could shop at a thrift store. Be creative and see how much money you can save by finding cheaper alternatives.

Automate your savings

One easy way to save money is to automate it. You can set up a direct deposit from your paycheck into a savings account, or have a certain amount automatically transferred from your checking account each month. This way, you'll never even see the money and will be less tempted to spend it!

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Personally I am discipline and I am disciplined enough to a point that I don't spend my money unnecessarily on things that will never be profitable to me on the future. Spending money originate from the mind and so many people may not have the mind to understand that they have a lot of things to do in life with their money because if they could have understand this they wouldn't be in a position of spending their money on things that will never be of greater benefits to them or humanity.

I don't really have time , everything I do is on budget. I have rules and regulations , I only spend when it is absolutely necessary . These are the things that keeps me going . If I'm thinking of spending money without rules and regulation who has Lee I will be forced to spend so much without even knowing

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Well, automating savings is the best way to go about saving money, because as humans our desires are insatiable, even if we make plans of saving money it can be hard to achieve because we are always in need of something and because of this need, we might decide to save and at the end of the day squandering the money.

But with automated, it is limited to an extent and we don't have to worry about money in our account because we can't even see it and it can not be withdrawn until it hits a certain threshold.

Discipline also plays a role because if you are well disciplined, you will be able to save your money and overcome any impulsive feeling, when I really want to buy something, I tend to be very disciplined about savings, I don't even think of defaulting but when I get what I want, I tend to slack a lot.

oldbuddy

I spend it on investments that pay me later with interest. Seeing that money show up in your account is habit forming too.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The need to save money can't be overemphasized.it is good to always save money no matter how small it is.You can make a budget and stick to it. Having a budget will help one track track spending and find areas where one can cut Back. Another I'd to find cheaper alternatives.

There are always cheaper alternatives different things that we need to buy. One saving money cooking is a good alternative instead of going out to eat. so one just to be creative and see how much money you can save doing different things to conserve money.

The bottom line is that one should save money.