4 risks of non registered property

Augusta

VIP Contributor
After purchasing a property it is always of essence to register such with the right authority or office. Like in my country Nigeria you would need to register it with the corporate affairs commission. You need to do this to avoid a lot of unforseen risks in the future.

So what are the risks you might encountered if you don't have your property registered.

First risk is that you have no documents to show ownership of the named property. So people would not believe you are the owner.

Land grabbers can take possession of your land if you can't present a legal document on the property

in a case of litigation, the person that registered the land might have a upper hand even if you are the real owner.

You might lose buyers for the property in future as no one would want to buy a property that has no legal document.

What do you think?

Shigobad2020

Its very important to registered your land , house and properties under the government in order to authenticate you as the real owner of the properties , i have witnessed a situation where my fathers land was been sold to another two people because my father didn't have the money to develop the property yet , and the people started showing up when we started the foundation on the land which lead to a fight and was taken to the court , but my father eventually won because he has all the neccesary documents laying claims and proofing that he's the rightful owner of the land .
So as soon as you secure any properties , the best thing is to register the property under the government . So getting the proper document is very important because of the land owners might keep selling the same land to other people and you might loose the land eventually.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
That's always the issue I don't know why people like doing this. I think it is just out of greed and self centeredness. Because I don't know why you would know too well that a piece of land or property isn't just but you still want to struggle. it seems people just like to drsg things unnecessarily. Funny enough these are things that we would all die and leave one day but people struggle them with their lives . it really appalling.

So back to the issue it is always good to get your property registered first and foremost to have genuine documents of the land so that you can win any case just like in your father's case. without those documents it will have been very difficult to get that land so registering it is a must for security.

Secondary it will help you claim ownership anywhere any time. So without registration it is difficult.