4 Benefits of renting out your property than selling it

Augusta

VIP Contributor
A lot of times people are always looking to sell their property because they are always seeing the possibility of receiving huge amount of money. But there seems to be more benefits with renting out properties than just outright selling them

The below are the benefits;

You would be having a good source of passive income. When the rent is due you just need to asked for a renewal by the tenant and your money is paid.

You are still the owner of the property. Renting out the property doesn't stops you from being the owner of the said property. So it is a lot better than selling it which invariably means that you no longer the bonafide owner and you can't retrieve it in future or asked that money be paid to you any longer.

You can use your property later if you have to. Like if it was a home and you were somewhere else but continue to pay rent. You can move move back into your property and make a personal use if it.

Renting out your property gives it a kind of security instead of leaving it empty to be ravished by little animals. When people live in it such might never happened.

What do you think?

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Many people are interested in buying a property, but they don't have the money to buy it. They can always rent it out, but there are some benefits of renting out your property than selling it.

You can earn more money by renting out your property than selling it. If you sold your property and then bought another one, you would have to pay for the commission and other fees that come with buying and selling real estate. You will not have to pay any commissions or fees if you just rent out your property instead of selling it.

Renting Out Your Property Can Give You More Options

Renting out your property gives you more options because you can rent out different parts of your home at different times if you'd like to. For example, if you have a spare bedroom in your house that's not being used right now, then why not rent out the room? This way, you'll be able to earn extra cash while still having a place for family members or friends to stay when they come into town.

It's Easy To Find Tenants For Your Home

If you're looking for tenants who want to live in your home, then it will be easy for you because there are many people looking for where to live.

arunima25

Verified member
I would personally not like to sell any of my property unless there is a dire emergency or financial crisis that I can not make up with the finance available to my use. I have two apartments in the same premise where I live in a penthouse and they both are rented by decent families. You are right that renting has all these advantages over selling the property. But it does come with a bit of cons too. Getting a decent tenant is one of them. If you have a decent one then you are lucky to have them. They would be good neighbours to others in the locality and they would also taje good care of the house. But if it's other way around, it can be more trouble than convenience. So, one needs to be very careful while drafting the legal agreement for rent and it should cover all the troubles that you can anticipate.
Sometimes the location of the property might be another problem. It might not attract much tenants and renting out might not be easy. If the location is not much in demand for renting, you might have to make a compromise and settle for a rent price that is much lower than the market price.
So, renting or selling the property would be your call and you have to weigh all the pros and cons before deciding for one.

Caramelle

If they have a choice, people would most likely prefer to hold on to their real estate property because in general, their value, particularly the land, increases with the passage of time. They can be a good source of passive income for the owner. Selling a house is not an easy decision if, indeed, there are good opportunities to offer them for lease. Some real estate owners, however, may decide to sell their property for a variety of reasons. For instance, some may find it burdensome to manage a property rental business from afar in cases where the owner needs to relocate to a distant place.

A property rental business may seem lucrative but it does come with expenses like property taxes, income taxes, insurance, repairs, and administrative expenses. A property owner has to deal with tenants of varying attitudes and ethical values. Three years ago, a row of apartments near our village was gutted by a fire that originated from a unit where the tenant has an altercation with the owner. Scrimping on essentials like rental contracts and insurance could prove disastrous in many instances. A property owner will have to analyze these costs and risks and decide if it would be more profitable to sell the property at a certain point.

arunima25

Verified member
Rightly said that getting a good tenant is very important. Otherwise it gets very difficult to deal with them. One has to be very careful while drafting the lease and rental agreement and make sure that all financial clarifications are made including the ones in the case of unseen circumstances like a firs set by the tenant or any similar damage.
One also needs to keep the property well maintained to get rents. So, that does need time, effort and money to be invested there on a regular basis.

When it comes to the decision of whether to rent out or sell a property, there are several factors that come into play. Both renting out and selling have their own benefits and drawbacks, so it can be tough to make a decision. In order to help make the process a little bit easier, here are four benefits of renting out your property:

1. You can continue living in the property while it’s being rented out.

2. You have the opportunity to make money off of a property that you no longer need or want.

3. It’s a great way to generate income and build equity.

4. You have control over who rents the property and what they pay.

5. It can be a hassle-free way to generate income.

6. You have the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends.

7. It’s a great way to help out family or friends in need.

Shaf

Verified member
This is a lucrative business idea where one can generate money passively. The greatest challenge I've seen people who do so face is in starting it, as you need a lot more capital than people realize.

One of my uncle's who started this early has been getting multiples of his pension from his properties each year. However, he always advices any young person to start early, and have a stable source 9f income before trying to develop properties you can rent.

If you have little capital, you can build it up gradually by building shops for lease in a competitive business area. This ensures that people will always rent it, and the rent can be put towards developing other ones. Infact, this type of rental properties brings more money than any I've seen.

You can also choose to just rent out the land itself, undeveloped. Some people in my locality use it for farming, some will just build a small shop from wood and zinc.

allison001

Verified member
Even if I have to invest in properties , I may not necessarily have to sell it later for a higher profit , If the location is good I would love to be renting out these properties to people . I just consider that to be the most profitable and at the same time you will still be the owner of that property for a long time .

It is a nice idea of generating passive income , because as long as your property is still under your control you can still rent it out for people on yearly basis and still get some money. But this will depend on the property and also the location the property is located that will determine the best suited decision

I do not see the need for people to sell out their properties when not necessary because as long as the property is still under your control the value will still increase.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
That's it selling out your property unless that was the intention of paying it doesn't really do much for the seller than when you rent it out. it becomes another property and you can't go back for it.

While with the issue of renting you can have the property as a passive income you used it as a good source of making money without actually working for it, you would just need to ask for your rent when due and that's it.

Because property appreciate as the years roll by it means that you would be getting higher vslue for the property as the years go by. So it isn't about getting the same money for the rent all the time so you can even make a fortune off the property it thd vslue is even more higher.

The good thing with renting is that you still keep your property since you are not selling it out.

King bell

VIP Contributor
In today's economy, many homeowners are faced with the tough decision of whether to sell or rent out their property. While selling may seem like the best option, there are actually several benefits to renting out your property that you may not have considered. Here are four reasons why you should rent out your home instead of selling it:

1. You Can Generate a Steady Stream of Income

One of the biggest benefits of renting out your property is that it can provide you with a steady stream of income. This is especially helpful if you are retired or otherwise not working. Instead of having to worry about finding a job, you can simply rely on the rental income to cover your expenses.

2. You Can Keep the Property in the Family

If you rent out your property instead of selling it, you can keep it in the family for future generations. This can be a great way to pass down a family home or inheritance.

3. You Can Get Tax Benefits

There are several tax benefits that come with renting out your property. For example, you can deduct the cost of repairs and maintenance from your taxes. This can help offset the cost of owning a rental property.

4. You Can Avoid the Hassle of Selling

Selling a property can be a long and complicated process. There are a lot of paperwork and legalities involved. If you rent out your property instead, you can avoid all of that hassle.

So, those are just a few of the benefits of renting out your property instead of selling it. If you are considering your options, be sure to keep these advantages in mind.

arunima25

Verified member
Buying a property and retaining it is a tough task and one would have gone through a lot of hardwork and mindful savings to reach a point where one can buy a property. Unless the property is one that you inherited, you would have gone through a lot of hardship to own one. No one wants to get rid off something that would have come after so much of efforts and time. And when it is a family inheritance, one has emotional values attached to it and would not prefer it to be sold.
I have met many people and most want to retain the properties and keep adding to it. It's a sort of financial security and gives them a source of steady income. People prefer to pass on properties through generations. So, selling a property does not come into picture unless it's a very genuine reason or some real financial emergency.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is why one needs to leave the property acquired in good hands or else you wouldn't believe what will happen to these properties when left in a lazy hands instead of progression. There will be retrogression.

This is why one needs to trained the children properly if there are inheritance that needs to be sustained. The thing is that it is always good to own properties than selling them out. As you have indicated only if the need is so pressing before it needs to be sold

Having your property with you would be a sustainable way to have passive income. You would be able to use it for your passive income. you don't need to work to make money when you have properties that tenants are on it.

Again, it will be what one can use for years to make money and will hsnd them over to the next generation to use as well.

Shigobad2020

I believe its only the smart people that prefers renting or leasing out their properties rather than selling it off most especially land and buildings , one of the advantage of renting and leasing out is that the properties still remains yours and you will keep getting money everytime for it, and even before five years , you will make more than the amount you would have made if you sell your business off.

The property can also be a source of income for you and your family even after the owner dies , the children can continue making money out of the properties , a good example of this is renting or leasing out a land to network provider where you keep getting huge amount of money yearly and if you even realises the money is not enough , you can increase it at the end of the contract .