Earn Money 4 basic qualities you need when making money online

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Making money online is not easy. You need to put in effort so as to succeed. You also need some basic qualities in order to find success in online earning. They include;

1. Skills - you need skills and knowledge in something in order to earn. Some skills include writing, programming, web design or graphic design. Having a skill gives you a sense of purpose when earning.
2. Patience and commitment - since earning online is not a bed of roses, you need to be really patient and dedicated to your earning.
3. Good time management - I know you don't spend all your time online, you have other things to attend to offline. So you need to manage your time really well so that you do both online and offline work.
4. Self discipline - all the other three qualities need self discipline in order to work well. So you need to practice it well. Moreover, self discipline will enable you to spend the money you earn wisely.

These are just but a few qualities needed when making money online. You can add others.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
all the points you highlighted here is very correct and the main reason a lot of people do not make it money or line is because they do not have these online virtues you outlined. a lot of people think that making money online is a rocket science and therefore they have the mentality in that whenever someone introduces them to any platform that pays the think you do not have to do any work in order to earn money online.

arunima25

Verified member
I agree with all the four points that you have mentioned here. I have been in online earning for the last three years and these earnings are on top of the secured offline job that I have. I started it as fun to fill in my free time with something productive. But slowly I got a bit serious about it. And I am improving in all these areas that you have mentioned. People come with a rosy painted picture of earning online and soon they get frustrated and give up because it does not meet their expectations. So, keeping a realistic expectation is so important to keep you going and do not lose patience.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You have said it all. Those skills you mentioned are indisposable companions when it comes to making money. The fact is that you even took your time to arrange them in their scale of preference. Your skill will determine how much you will be making online. Your time management will also determine how discipline you will be while making money online.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For me the most important is your point #2 which is patience. I have experienced many times when a site would not pay my earnings that it would turn to scam. I would take a vacation from freelancing for a day or 2 just to calm my nerves. I am not a pauper but when I earn 50 cents and I did not get paid that is traumatic to me.