3 ways to protect your Debit card

Finger Geek

Verified member
These are the three steps to protect your debit card.

1. Avoid using your debit card with POS agent to withdraw money. The secure way to withdraw your money with debit card using an POS agent is from an agent that you trust. Because there are scammers that are now working with the POS agent to steal people's money.

2. Avoid linking your debit card with an unauthorized fintech apps or websites. Because there are some scam apps and websites that are operates by scammers and they will debit your account without your knowing.

3. Avoid helping some other people to fund there betting account or any other online store like jumia, amazon, eBay, konga and many more like that, with your debit card because when you use it, your card info will be stored on the database of the betting websites or online store. This will enable the person to load his or her betting account or pay for goods on online store with your card info which will leads to debiting your bank account.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
We also need to keep our secret PIN safe and only known to ourselves. We shoukd not use PINs that can be easily guess. After transaction, we should try as much as possible to clear our transaction history. These among many other ways we help us to protect our debit card from scammers.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Unfortunately, there is no real way to protect your debit card or credit card and there is no guarantee that your information will not be leaked out. This is why I would never use debit or credit card in the future. There are many great ways to store your money. Moreover, credit and debit cards are also not accepted everywhere in my country, so cards are useless to me.