3 Things to Remember When You Are Running a WordPress Website

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you have a blog or website, it is very likely that it is built with WordPress. If you are running a WordPress website, you get a lot of options for plugins. Plugins help you not only to customize your website (for instance a wpforo plugin will convert your WordPress website into a forum), but also let you do a lot of things from backing up your website to securing the website and search engine optimization.

After launching your website, the first and foremost thing you need to do is to create a backup for your site. You can do this by using a backup or migration plugin, or directly on your hosting account.

Once you have backed up your website, you think about security. WordPress is the most popular CMS, which makes it vulnerable to hacking, therefore, you need a security plugin.

You have created a backup for your site, you have secured your site, now what next? Well, now the third step is Search Engine Optimization.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
As a website owner, you need to do a lot of things on your website. I will share my own experience. When I lunched my wordpress website, I first published important pages on my website, viz. about, contact us, privacy policy, terms of use, and disclaimer. Then I started publishing posts I published my first post and scheduled other 5 posts. I then added security plugin and SEO plugin. Since I had opted for automatic backup on my hosting account, I did not manually back up my site. Many months later, someone told me I need to use a backup plugin so that I not only have website files on my computer but also on the cloud so that I can access whenever I want or recover my website if something bad happened. If you are using adsese, you will also try to stop click fraud by limiting the users to block more than one click on the website. IN order to earn from adsense, you need clicks generated out of interest, however, sometimes your competitor will try to harm you by clicking a lot of ads and getting you banned, therefore, you also need to add plugin that stops clicks on your ads.