General insurance 3 common insurance scam that are prevalent online

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I cannot the deny the fact that many people can fall for these types of scam but they are too cheap to be fallen for. The only think we need to know most of the time is that try to inform a person that's knowledgeable on insurance to avoid this kind of scam.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
If you really know much about insurance and you are not the type that gets freaked with free or easy things then I don’t think the insurance policy scam should get to you or freak you. Truly no one is above mistake or probably let me say no one is perfect but if you don’t get freaked easily, your instinct should help you out.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When you get a call or an email that asks you to provide personal details via email or phone, it is a scam. A company that deals with financials will never ask for personal details on phone and email, they will always ask you to visit the office in person and provide necessary details.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are right because I have personally received several mail like that ; that they will be telling me that i should compete so so information before I can get opportunity to win one of their gift.
Even some of them do tell me that i should come and register and the distance is not there barrier but am so careful not to fall victims.
yeah it is kind of mails that you need to avid, a lot of them are from scammers trying to lure unsuspecting members of the public. You need to totally ignore them to avoid manipulation. Because they manipulate people and they fall for their bait. Emails that sounds strange should be completely be ignored

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
This is very true although I have never come across any of this scam method but I really do agree with you on the part you said the internet has really been a great opportunity for scammers to carry out their evil act. They see it as a platform for them.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
The truth is that the internet is making it very easy for scammers to run all kind of fraudulent schemes. You need to be careful if you happen to come across any of this as it concerns insurance.

You get an email that you are having a problem with your existing insurance policy, you need to provide personal information. You should contact your insurer before taking any action

You get an email stating that you are a beneficiary of someone’s policy. So you should provide personal information for whatever reason

You come across a website online with lower rate than necessary. Then you would be requested to sign up with your bank details or submit your credit card. Red flag there you need to move away.

What’s your thought on this?
You are right because I have personally received several mail like that ; that they will be telling me that i should compete so so information before I can get opportunity to win one of their gift.
Even some of them do tell me that i should come and register and the distance is not there barrier but am so careful not to fall victims.