General insurance 3 common insurance scam that are prevalent online

Godsplan

Good that you didn't fall for it. The thing is that anything with a price or cost that is too good to be true might just be a scam. One needs to move away from such. You can't win with these scamners when it comes to cheap things so just avoid them.
Yeah, I was just so lucky l didn't fall for those bloody guys pretending to be offering their services at a reasonable cost. And ever since that day l was reporting such spam messages direct to google just to save other newbies that might see the message from their email.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Thanks alot for that well taken explanatory guidelines concerning fraud over insurance policies online. Some individuals are simply in to scam their fellow and nothing more. They don't do any other thing, they simply move from one site to another utilizing many scam techniques to lure users online into scam in the name of getting cheap and high benefits of premium policy plan.
You understand their games, that is exactly what they do just luring unsuspecting individuals to scam them. This is why I sometimes advocate for working with an insurance agent that is already known to the industry to guide one. You would do better that way because they will always tell you when you are about to be scammed

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Thanks alot for that well taken explanatory guidelines concerning fraud over insurance policies online. Some individuals are simply in to scam their fellow and nothing more. They don't do any other thing, they simply move from one site to another utilizing many scam techniques to lure users online into scam in the name of getting cheap and high benefits of premium policy plan.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Very true, with technology these scammers use tricks to dupe people online. The world wide web has given us good and some bad things too. Internet has all kinds of scams, from all those countless number of junk emails, online requests, robocalls, and what not. Researches have shown that there's a large industry of online scams, who are notoriously difficult to catch.
Your last line is so true they are sets of scammers or online thieves that you can't easily catch or traced. So it is left for people to guard their money jealously to avoid losing it to to thieves online. Scamming will always be here with us. It is very easy with technology we have now.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yea! Once an e-mail was sent to me by someone. It was instructed to write my personal information and submit it immediate lest I should miss the benefits as beneficiary. As soon as the e-mail came, I did not understand but later on I caught up its clever policy indeed. Now, I am fully confirmed that it was a scam. Thanks
Good that you knew on time that it wasn't real and left it at the spot. When once you can't understand the mail sent to your inbox or message comes with no clear information you should know it will be scam and avoid such. Scammers are just on the prowl daily to lure unsuspecting individuals

MOSIUR

Yea! Once an e-mail was sent to me by someone. It was instructed to write my personal information and submit it immediate lest I should miss the benefits as beneficiary. As soon as the e-mail came, I did not understand but later on I caught up its clever policy indeed. Now, I am fully confirmed that it was a scam. Thanks

Nite

Valued Contributor
Very true, with technology these scammers use tricks to dupe people online. The world wide web has given us good and some bad things too. Internet has all kinds of scams, from all those countless number of junk emails, online requests, robocalls, and what not. Researches have shown that there's a large industry of online scams, who are notoriously difficult to catch.

Phabbyfundz

The problem of poor information, ignorance and lack of proper researches into the prospects of insurance policy , insurance companies and even insurers has not only led to further frustrations but has led to some not even been able to get the value for the money that used to purchase this insurance policy.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I noticed that ever since I have been active on insurance section on this forum. I have been noticing many messages claiming that they are from insurance company. While some of them do invite me to join, other will ask me to continue the existing insurance policies that I have wit them. I always being careful because I know I am not under any insurance policy

Chibson

VIP Contributor
People need to be very careful online because there are a lot of scam going on. They use different means in order for people to fall to their fraudulent ways. People need to be very careful platforms they drop their emails. The scammers also use phone numbers to send messages to people.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
With the receipt of an email you have to bear in mind that spam is prevalent. Those emails with no name in the addressee portion are generic and they are certainly for spamming purposes. Yes, it may be a scam and you can be spared if you are not the addressee. Besides, there is a spam folder where spam emails go.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
You are right about this I think things like this usually happen ,we just need to be more exposed and knowledgeable about the different scams agenda by those scammers , most times they even use other means to make it very real , so that people would believe that it's real

uforwealth

Verified member
The methods you mentioned above are labourous and smart scammers won't use them.

Smart and coining scammers are fond of catching their unsuspecting victims with just a click of a link.

They won't ask you for your personal details but will instruct you to click a particular link in the email they send to you. Once you click on the the link, your personal and secret information is gone unless you don't save it in the device through which the email is sent to you.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The truth is that the internet is making it very easy for scammers to run all kind of fraudulent schemes. You need to be careful if you happen to come across any of this as it concerns insurance.

You get an email that you are having a problem with your existing insurance policy, you need to provide personal information. You should contact your insurer before taking any action

You get an email stating that you are a beneficiary of someone’s policy. So you should provide personal information for whatever reason

You come across a website online with lower rate than necessary. Then you would be requested to sign up with your bank details or submit your credit card. Red flag there you need to move away.

What’s your thought on this?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I cannot the deny the fact that many people can fall for these types of scam but they are too cheap to be fallen for. The only think we need to know most of the time is that try to inform a person that's knowledgeable on insurance to avoid this kind of scam.
You wouldn't want to believe what people fall for until you hear about it. Some people falls for the dumbest of scams. And it begins to look as if they were charmed. This is just the work of being greedy. When once greed kicks in common sense evaporate and bottom line is that one get scammed

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The best way to avert been scammed is not to divulge your personal information to strangers claiming that they are staffs of the insurance company. You will do yourself a great favour by not been greedy . When you want to reap from where you didn't sow, the chances of you getting scammed is very high. We need to be very careful online.
Well stated. I believe more than 80%of people that get scammed is through greed. Scamners knows how greedy humans can be so they come up with all sorts of gimmicks and watch people falls for it. You would do yourself a great favor by not giving out your personal information either online or offline

Augusta

VIP Contributor
All the three points stated by you are very important and currently they're the most popular strategies these bloody scammers use. I nearly felt for the third point when I was not familiar with the strategies these scammers are using.but fortunately I friend enlighten me and I left that Ponzi scheme.
Good that you didn't fall for it. The thing is that anything with a price or cost that is too good to be true might just be a scam. One needs to move away from such. You can't win with these scamners when it comes to cheap things so just avoid them.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
If you really know much about insurance and you are not the type that gets freaked with free or easy things then I don’t think the insurance policy scam should get to you or freak you. Truly no one is above mistake or probably let me say no one is perfect but if you don’t get freaked easily, your instinct should help you out.
You are right I think one thing that gets people easily scanned isehen you freak so much for easy things. You just love to get things very cheap. Scamners knows this so they capitalize on it to scam greedy people. So we need to do better by keeping away from free things online

Godsplan

The truth is that the internet is making it very easy for scammers to run all kind of fraudulent schemes. You need to be careful if you happen to come across any of this as it concerns insurance.

You get an email that you are having a problem with your existing insurance policy, you need to provide personal information. You should contact your insurer before taking any action

You get an email stating that you are a beneficiary of someone’s policy. So you should provide personal information for whatever reason

You come across a website online with lower rate than necessary. Then you would be requested to sign up with your bank details or submit your credit card. Red flag there you need to move away.

What’s your thought on this?
All the three points stated by you are very important and currently they're the most popular strategies these bloody scammers use. I nearly felt for the third point when I was not familiar with the strategies these scammers are using.but fortunately I friend enlighten me and I left that Ponzi scheme.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The best way to avert been scammed is not to divulge your personal information to strangers claiming that they are staffs of the insurance company. You will do yourself a great favour by not been greedy . When you want to reap from where you didn't sow, the chances of you getting scammed is very high. We need to be very careful online.