25 simple hobbies you can turn into money making

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Most especially cooking because many usually Learn that from their parent and after some time they develop that hobby and involve themselves in cooking to earn some amount of money for them selves and after some times they become perfect as it have turned into their hobby and obviously develop themselves in different areas I think
You are right a lot of people that sells very delicious meals never really went to a formal catering school. It was learned at home as a hobby, then as times went on they decided to make a kill off their culinary skills. So it really a good way of turning fun thing to money making

Setho

VIP Contributor
I had this good friend of mine who was also my classmate from secondary school. The boy could play computer games of many categories very well and you also employed this particular thinking. One time he started organising classes for people around the neighborhood so that he will teach them how to play the games and while it was slow at first the little business with time gained a lot of traction.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The only hobby that I am turning into and even planning to turn to more money is writing. I have passion for writing since my childhood. I have been trying to improve myself on how to monetize mybl hobbies by going into freelancing or article writing. These ptps as well have helped me a lot.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
A nice write up.....There are more than enough hobbies in the world that anyone can turn in to money making machine on the internet. There are so many people who likes writing articles, and as this is their hobbies, they may have been making money from it. And to make money from writing articles, there are so many freelance sites that you can sell your writing hobby. Freelancer is there, and we also have Fiverr where you can monetize your skills.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Wow, that's fascinating, at the beginning is hard to make money but if you work hard it really works.
That's the whole idea making money off your hobbies might not be simple at the beginning but it will show make you good money if you are persistent with it. The good thing about it is the ability to do what you have passion for.
By the way you need to make your comments a bit longer to get the points

Augusta

VIP Contributor
My primary hobby is gardening and I am still thinking of how I can earn from it. Right now I am just giving away the seedlings that I plant in plastic pots. They can be sold for $5 each seedling but people in my circle are not used to buy because they are used to getting things for free from me.
Your comments make me giggle a lot, your last line is quite funny. Maybe you should start telling them you are not a subsistence fsrmer but a commercial one to easily drive home your point. Any ways family and friends most times want everything for free maybe you need to start contacting outsiders when you have your farm stuff for sales

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You didn't include fan favourite being soccer. Majority of people enjoy soccer as hobby, but with time such hobby turns into professional one and yielding that expected money everyone dream of. This days their is nothing which can't BRI g money, almost everything we do as hobby can be converted into money making stuff and drive steady income from it.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My primary hobby is gardening and I am still thinking of how I can earn from it. Right now I am just giving away the seedlings that I plant in plastic pots. They can be sold for $5 each seedling but people in my circle are not used to buy because they are used to getting things for free from me.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Nothing is as easy and fun making like making money off your hobbies. You would be killing two birds with a stone. You are would having fun and then smiling to the bank. You might just want it to be a side hustles if you have a major paying job. The following 25 hobbies can net you some good money.

Dog walking

Making fun videos on YouTube

Painting houses

Sewing

Doing makeover

House flipping

Fixing matches

Baking

Book reviews

Wedding and event planning

Modeling

Mentoring

Editing

Cooking

Printing

House rental

Woodworking

Photography

Singing

Knitting

Decorating

Blogging

Baby sitting

Making cards

House keeping

Driving

Have you ever turned your hobby into money making? Share with us in the comment your experience doing this?

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Most especially cooking because many usually Learn that from their parent and after some time they develop that hobby and involve themselves in cooking to earn some amount of money for them selves and after some times they become perfect as it have turned into their hobby and obviously develop themselves in different areas I think

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Baby sitting is a work it is not a hobby because you will take hours of day taking care about baby of a women even if it is a neighboor and it is hard work it was not a hobby so even you make this work for some pocket money if you are student or a salary if you are full time working on baby sitting of different women this is my point of view you may have a different point of view.
Different strokes for different folks. I know I have done a lot of baby sitting for my relatives like my cousins and aunties because when I was much younger I really used to love babies so I go on holiday to these houses to help them out with their kids. So it was a hobby for me doing what I love to do without pay.so baby sitting can be a fun thing for one and work for another person

D

Deleted member 28127

Baby sitting is a work it is not a hobby because you will take hours of day taking care about baby of a women even if it is a neighboor and it is hard work it was not a hobby so even you make this work for some pocket money if you are student or a salary if you are full time working on baby sitting of different women this is my point of view you may have a different point of view.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Well stated, a lot of music stars didn't set out to be one they just follow their Passions and today they are the world greatest. It is good to always try out one's hobby to see what good can be made of it. You never can know the conglomerate you might make of it tomorrow
I remember something that my mentor told me sometime ago that it is not every time that while we wait for his passion in order to make money. He does a lot of businesses especially online businesses that makes him a whole lot of money. he said that if you want to make money online you should find a niche not necessary because you like it but because you really want to make money so I think passion is good but sometimes you don't need passion in order to make money.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
A lot of people who are making money today do not have the mindset of making money from whatever they are doing but they simply started it as a way of having fun and before they know it they got monetized and gathered a lot of attention. One's hobby can become his source of income if only what he is doing is of a great interest to so many people.
Well stated, a lot of music stars didn't set out to be one they just follow their Passions and today they are the world greatest. It is good to always try out one's hobby to see what good can be made of it. You never can know the conglomerate you might make of it tomorrow

Chibson

VIP Contributor
A lot of people who are making money today do not have the mindset of making money from whatever they are doing but they simply started it as a way of having fun and before they know it they got monetized and gathered a lot of attention. One's hobby can become his source of income if only what he is doing is of a great interest to so many people.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes, i have done that on several occasions but mostly for free. We can look inwards and think of the hobby that excite us the most, then go learn further about it and make it a big business. It's something worth doing and it will fetch a reasonable income since that's what we are passionate about. Our passion will alway drive us to do more and that's what is most important
This is the whole essence of the innate passion we have. It helps us to have money in a fun way. It can be really draining sometimes if all we do is hard work to make money. The body can be really stressed that way. This is why fun things are really important

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Yes, i have done that on several occasions but mostly for free. We can look inwards and think of the hobby that excite us the most, then go learn further about it and make it a big business. It's something worth doing and it will fetch a reasonable income since that's what we are passionate about. Our passion will alway drive us to do more and that's what is most important