Ellygant

Affiliate marketing is one of the most effective ways to make money blogging. Using affiliate links in your blog, email campaigns, and social media platforms can ensure you get good profits.

However, bombarding your readers and followers with affiliate links won't get you far. In fact, it might even have the opposite effect, you might annoy your readers. Ouch!

No one wants to be seen as a traveling advertisement. But, we have to pay the bills, right? That is true.

So let's make some money blogging. But, let's do it wisely.

11 WAYS TO PROMOTE AFFILIATION LINKS

1. Blog posts

Writing about what you are trying to promote in a blog post is a great way to increase conversions.

Writing a blog post gives you the opportunity to explain in detail the product or service in question. It is also a way to share your own experiences with the product or service.

Sharing your experiences helps you bond emotionally with your reader.

There are different ways to include your affiliate links in your blog posts and these include:

As a product reviewer

As a recommendation

As an additional resource or reference

As a personal experience or testimony

Make sure to write SEO optimized blog posts to maximize your efforts to increase search engine traffic.

If you don’t have a blog, I highly recommend you create one for free on Blogger.com

2. Old articles

Adding your affiliate links in old, relevant articles will not only update your content but also increase conversions.

Make sure that you regularly take the time to review and edit old posts.

3. Mailing list

Include affiliate links in your newsletters when possible.

It might sound a bit obvious, but incorporating your affiliate links into your newsletters allows you to explain to your audience what the product is and how it can be of use to them.

Depending on the relationship you have established with your audience, email affiliate links may have a higher conversion rate than links in blog posts.

This is because through email marketing you get to know your audience.

You can interact with them and make an individual connection.

Once trust is established, the chances of your subscribers buying what you have to offer them are higher than those of someone who just landed on a random blog post.

Also, instead of your readers having to come to you (by reading a Blog post), you are the one who goes to them (email marketing). It's a little more convenient sometimes.

Affiliate marketing and email marketing go hand in hand. So make sure that you are also working on creating a mailing list. For beginners I highly recommend a personal tool for completely free and it’s called convertkit, a really amazing tool to try out now.

4. Pinterest

Pinterest is the foundation of all promotional material.

Because it's a very visual search engine, affiliate marketing on Pinterest is a great idea.

Here are some basic guidelines:

Create a post using Canva (they have a free subscription) or the graphic design app of your choice. The ideal pin size is a ratio of 2: 3 (600px by 900px)

Include trigger words in the pin title to increase engagement and clicks.

Write a solid pin description and alt text using Pinterest keywords.

Stay up to date with Pinterest's terms of service. God knows that social networks are constantly evolving.

I know that creating pins can seem overwhelming and take a long time. Believe me, after running two blogs I can totally understand. So, if you need help creating beautiful, engaging, and quality images, take a look at Pinterest's pin template bundle on canva.

5. Freebies

Adding your affiliate links to freebies is a great way to earn commission as an affiliate.

It's easier to include affiliate links in free content such as free eBooks, email training, or tutorials.

But even if you offer a printable list or checklist, you can still include affiliate links.

A smart way to do this is to add a cover page where you can briefly describe the product.

If you want to see a video on how to create a freebie without having to do any of the work.

Obviously, your affiliate link should be free.

For example, if your freebie is a productivity checklist, you could include a cover page. The cover page will include "Ways to Use This Checklist Effectively" and your favorite planner as an additional productivity resource.

6. Thank you page

I love this strategy.

For each specific opt-in, they can be redirected to a specific thank you page.

Once on this page, they will have the option to click on an affiliate product related to the opt-in or freebies sent.

For example, let's use the previous example from the Productivity Checklist.

You can create a specific thank you page for those who choose to download this checklist. The thank you page may read as follows:

" Hi,

Thank you very much for downloading my productivity checklist!

Your productivity checklist should be arriving in your inbox shortly.

While you wait, I don't want you to miss my favorite planner [<–affiliate link], which saved my life in my daily productivity routine.

[AND SO ON …… You understand. Be creative and put your own style. Above all, be honest and recommend something you really like and use yourself]. "

7. Resource page

Add your affiliate links to your resource library.

A resource page is where you compile a list of your favorite products, tools, and services.

Usually they are niche oriented and include your affiliate links.

For example, if you have a craft blog, you can include your favorite fabric distributors, your favorite sewing machine, and your favorite scrapbooking service website.

I personally use uploadship.com for completely free and you basically have to compile and a file containing recommended resources you personally use and also embed your affiliate links, what’s more is that with this website you get a commission when the download the resource for free, so simple to create an extra passive income source.

8. Courses and ebook

You can include affiliate links in your e-products when possible.

In other words, if you are offering a free 5 day weight loss email course, then you can include your favorite weight loss products in those emails.

Or if you have written and are selling an ebook, you can mention some of your favorite products and resources related to the topic of the ebook.

I’m currently working on my ebook and it promises to be intensively packed with value, It’s an online guide for beginners especially, legit ways to build income stress and scale them with or without any investment upfront, and so I’ll be launching it for free on my social media platform and especially on Youtube, the more reason why you should be subscribed so as to miss this amazing and generous offer.

9. Use images and banners

Display banners in the header, sidebar, or footer of your blog, or embedded in relevant posts.

Visuals are extremely important in marketing.

There are several ways to get affiliate product images.

Visit your affiliate portal. Large affiliate networks like Shareasale, Awin, and Amazon Associates provide you with images in their affiliate portal.

Ask for them. Email the owner of your affiliate program and ask them to send you images.

Do them yourself. You can create a beautiful Canva image on your product and attach your affiliate link to the image.

10. Social media marketing

Promote your affiliate links on your social media platforms using the images we talked about earlier.

As always, indicate that you are using your affiliate link.

11. Facebook groups

Recommend your affiliate products and services to others in your Facebook groups, where possible (if allowed).

Always check with the group administrator that it is allowed to use affiliate links. You can find this information in a group's info section or in the group's pinned post at the top of the group feed.

Be attentive and considerate in your Facebook groups.

Make sure that if and when you are recommending an affiliate product or service, you don't just paste your affiliate link.

Including an honest, thoughtful, and heartfelt comment before submitting your affiliate link will usually result in higher conversions.

In summary

Affiliate marketing can be a great source of income for bloggers.

Knowing how and where to promote your affiliate links can make the difference to your overall income.

Don't be discouraged if at first you don't see good results. Simply re-evaluate your game plan and apply new techniques.

Testing new strategies and implementing new ways to promote your links is the only way to know for sure what resonates with your audience.

How do you promote your affiliate links?

Comment down which is you best tip and how you plan to promote your affiliate links.