Creating a portfolio as an SEO Content Writer

jimimoorison

Hi all, I work in a SEO agency but I’m hoping to move on within the year and I’m planning to put together a portfolio website. My question is, can I include content that I have created for my clients (blogs, infographics etc.)? If the answer to this is a no then what can I do instead?

Adrian Nichola

Hi all, I work in a SEO agency but I’m hoping to move on within the year and I’m planning to put together a portfolio website. My question is, can I include content that I have created for my clients (blogs, infographics etc.)? If the answer to this is a no then what can I do instead?

This can be can be difficult to think about, especially when you’re first starting out and want to add your client on your portfolio. It's acceptable for you to add your client to your website portfolio, if the design were made by you. Your client will not sue you for such, so you can go ahead to add your client blog, website or graphic but not all their content.

G

Your portfolio website can include your past work but I suggest that you include only an excerpt with a note that if they want to see the article in full then they have to click on the link. That is also a promotion of the website of your previous clients so I don't think there will be an issue of duplication. If you will include the entire article then it is like a duplicate already which may affect the SEO not only of your website but also the website of your client.

Corzhens

Your portfolio website can include your past work but I suggest that you include only an excerpt with a note that if they want to see the article in full then they have to click on the link. That is also a promotion of the website of your previous clients so I don't think there will be an issue of duplication. If you will include the entire article then it is like a duplicate already which may affect the SEO not only of your website but also the website of your client.