Asking for Do You Think You Can Retire From Your Job Now?

Keep in mind that payment may take 48hours.

Chase

How much money do you think you would need to be able to retire? It's a question that a lot of people have asked their financial advisers and it's one that seems to have a different answer for just about every time it's asked.

And the reason for that is simple the amount of money that you need to be able to retire depends entirely on how much money you think you can earn in retirement through interest and dividends and maybe even a part-time job if that's your thing, and perhaps even more importantly how much money you're actually going to need to survive in retirement. And that number seems to change each and every time you ask as well because projections of things like medical expenses change as time goes on.

Viral.D

i don't have enough savings yet, i see know reason why i would want to retire from my job for now.
if i have enough money to invest, i will and retire from my job.

Corzhens

I am lucky to be employed with the biggest bank in our country that has a good retirement pay. For now I have no pension plan but I get to receive a substantial amount of retirement pay in a few years from now. That amount can buy 2 houses that we can rent out to at least have something for our regular subsistence. I know that a pension is the best security in growing old and I can only rely on the government pension that is so little.

Jelineex

I am not really sure if retirement pay is enough for due expenses in later times. The amount you received maybe enough for the moment but it does change. I think whatever amount received should be used and spend wisely. If you are still able to work after retirement probably grab that opportunity. It will not only lead to productivity but to save from deterioration.

minou

I think i will decide to retire if i can find a job online or if i do start my own business, right now i don't have enough savings and i don't want to risk mu future still, i will
definitely quit once i make my own successful business since i don't like the idea of 9 to 5 job, it's so stressful and tiring not to mention that it causes me depression and anxiety.

altitude

I'm not sure how much money I will actually need for a comfortable retirement, but I know it must be in the millions, so I know I should amass a lot of money if I want to put up my own business, because if I will just depend on the government pension then I will just get by.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I'm still working towards my retirement, so I can't retire now since I'm yet to even to the age of retirement. I'm also yet to have the money I need for retirement. But the good thing is that I'm working towards it now. I hope I would be able to have enough money before then and retire better

Nite

Valued Contributor
When to retire is one of the most difficult career decisions for anyone. It takes considerable planning to switch from a full-time job to retirement, planning can upgrade your chances of making a smooth transition. Before making a final decision about retiring, you must consider the following factors like, financial stability, mental and physical ability to work, healthcare coverage, etc.

Makah

I am still a worker now and I am not ready to retire for now and am working forward and am adding all positive energy to earn more money and save up for the dry season. Am still saving up to get more investment. When my retire age comes I will surely retire and by that time I must have made hell of money to update my up keep

Samuel72

Verified member
well as for me I don't need much money in my account for me to retire or resign from my job all I need is a good business or investments that is reliable, once I have gotten a good business I can retire from my job even if I don't have much money in my account, but presently I don't think I can retire from my job because I don't have a good business yet.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
How much money do you think you would need to be able to retire? It's a question that a lot of people have asked their financial advisers and it's one that seems to have a different answer for just about every time it's asked.

And the reason for that is simple the amount of money that you need to be able to retire depends entirely on how much money you think you can earn in retirement through interest and dividends and maybe even a part-time job if that's your thing, and perhaps even more importantly how much money you're actually going to need to survive in retirement. And that number seems to change each and every time you ask as well because projections of things like medical expenses change as time goes on.
This is a personal issue and to me personally I can not retire because am still working so that o can gather some money to start up a business after and when am making it there then I will be thinking on how I can move to other business.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was 50 years old I had to admit that I couldn't retire because I don't have enough money saved for my retirement. Besides, the pension here qualifies only 60 years and older. But what really worried me with retirement is not much of the pension but more of the lack of occupation. Isn't it boring to death when you stay at home and nothing to do?