Attracting customers offline with freebies

Inem

Giving out free products offline is a great marketing strategy. Some people buy more when there will be some hand outs from the sellers.This is a strategy that works all the time.From personal experience I have done some impulsive buying because of freebies that came with a purchase. Have you experience this from a seller.What's your experience with this strategy?

lucycarter

Hello Inem,

I think i can answer as i have experience both as a seller as well as consumer. Just like you i also bought several personal care product because of the freebies provided by the cosmetic company. Those freebies were quite useful for me. And not only me, many of my friends purchase their product. Therefore i can say that it was a good strategy for that cosmetic company.

Now moving on to my experience as a seller. my family has a clothing business. So, in order to make our brand more popular among people, we use freebies like t-shirts, towels, scarves, etc for every purchase from our store. This strategy did wonder as our sales increased than the previous margin. So, i can say this indeed a good marketing strategy.

Hope it helps.

Rena

I agree giving freebies works but doesn't work for all Business type? I am Planing on setting up a Dry cleaning business, can I give freebies, if yes what kind of freebies are suitable for a Dry cleaning Business?

lucycarter

I agree giving freebies works but doesn't work for all Business type? I am Planing on setting up a Dry cleaning business, can I give freebies, if yes what kind of freebies are suitable for a Dry cleaning Business?

Yes, you can also give freebies. Since your business is related to clothing so you can use seasonal clothing products as freebies. This may include Scarves, Gloves, Sweatbands or headbands etc. These products will be loved by your customers for their usefulness and help you boost your brand value.

You can also use some other common products as freebies like Pen, Sticky note pad, diaries, keychains, stress balls etc. These may not be related to your business but because of their usefulness will help you get more brand visibility among customers.

Jelineex

It's a good strategy but it doesn't work all the time. Sometimes product or services aren't useful to a particular buyer. Each of us have it's own preference. I once tried a newly introduced coffee with free coffee if you buy one pack. I was happy with the freebies but was unhappy with the coffee taste. It was a bad taste. ( Ha.Ha.Ha ) But it was a good experience and I tasted it.

jasminemax

This is a common strategy for attracting customers in many business platforms. It may or may not be useful in longterm. It also lends many customers towards buying those products offered with some freebies. On the other hand, it also develops a mindset for suspecting the quality of the product which may affect its sale in the longrun.