In this Insurance forum you can discuss and advice on all insurance topics.

How do you determine what your passion is?

To be honest, I don't know what my passion is. I know what I like to do. I know what I enjoy doing.

But, I don't think liking and doing something...

Involving family and friends in your business

Is it ideal to involve families and friends in your business especially when you are just starting up? Do you think they will work harder for you to help...

How to avoid scam before making money

Have you ever experienced signing up on many money making sites promising you to earn money and not being paid after sleepless nights of hardwork? ...

Business Ideas for a College Student

I am an entrepreneur at heart. Way back, I would always have these weird ideas in my head during classes on how I could start a business and make money....

Would you borrow money to start up a new business

One common factor that is peculiar to all business in the world today is capital to set it up. Without the capital to set up a new business, the business...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do life insurance companies make money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASK How do life insurance companies make money

I was wondering how insurance companies make money. I latter realised that insurance can make lot of money from underwriting income. For example, Insurer A collects $5,000,000 in premiums for polices issued or renewed in a given year. That is why insurance companies invest the premiums in stocks, bonds, and other interest-bearing accounts

Insurance is about sharing risk. It’s a form of security that’s based on cooperation. By distributing the risk of a catastrophe among a group of people, insurance offers a low-cost approach to providing financial security against unforeseen and, quite often, financially devastating events. To earn revenue insurance companies calculate the risk on each policy and set the premium accordingly. The difference between the premiums collected and the money paid out in insurance claims is known as underwriting income. To generate revenue, insurance companies will invest a portion of the small amount of money earned from annual premiums. By taking this money and putting it in low-risk investments, insurance companies can earn additional profits, which help improve their balance sheets and bottom line.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Confused :confused: Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Big Grin :D Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x

Type the word without space DE B T