What type of home based business can I start and profit quickly?

Henrywrites

Starting a home based business can be easy for those that have the idea of what they are getting into. This is one of the reasons we get to see people making millions while staying at home. I'm a freelance writer at the moment, but thinking of starting another business while at home. Any idea of a business that I can start while still at home?

joewalsh

Hi, there you can start dropshipping or start freelancing on other platforms like Upwork, Fiverr, People per hour, Freelancer . com and others. I am using a lot of platforms and I received a good income.

neneth

Before you get excited about starting your home based business idea, you first have to make sure you have the right tools in place.

The main tool is a speedy Internet connection. Most home-based businesses will require some sort of Internet connection. With a good Internet connection, you can also take care of a phone and fax.

Isn’t technology great?
On top of the right tools, you should also have a dedicated office or workspace that’s free from distractions.

Now that you have the right tools and work-space, let’s look at some of the top home based business ideas you can start today.

Tundi Mick

In the country I come from internet is the major issue starting or running a business online. You can hardly get affordable internet connection that is fast.

There are lot homebase business you can start, though I have not really invest in any.

Dry cleaning and restaurants in your neighborhood are some you can give a try on.

Corzhens

If you are thinking of a business that involves the computer then I guess you just have to join the bandwagon of affiliate marketing. All you need is to have your own site for the purpose of promoting the products that you will promote. At the same time the website can be monetized and you can also earn from it. As per the suggestion above, I also go for dropshipping because it requires no capital. You just need to be industrious in promoting the products and the orders will be handled by your supplier.

Henrywrites

If you are thinking of a business that involves the computer then I guess you just have to join the bandwagon of affiliate marketing. All you need is to have your own site for the purpose of promoting the products that you will promote. At the same time the website can be monetized and you can also earn from it. As per the suggestion above, I also go for dropshipping because it requires no capital. You just need to be industrious in promoting the products and the orders will be handled by your supplier.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am seriously considering this offer and would like to know how I can go about it and what I am going to do about it. Where are the websites where I can get the products that I am going to promote on affiliate marketing?

GuestHu

I think it takes talent and skills to have a lucrative home-based business. There are a lot of competitive freelance workers out there and you must learn to sell yourself and convince that you can meet the needs and expectations of your clients on an agreed due date. Graphic designing, Web Development, and Application Development are the best home-based businesses where you can earn much or probably earn more than the employees from a private company. So, good luck.

A home-based business isn’t a just trend, it’s part of the new reality. Think of your talents as the things you're really good at. They're like personality traits. For instance, you may be a very creative person or a person who's really good at attending to details or a person with a gift for communicating. Your talents are the base for any successful business venture, including a home-based business.

Jelineex

I think it takes talent and skills to have a lucrative home-based business. There are a lot of competitive freelance workers out there and you must learn to sell yourself and convince that you can meet the needs and expectations of your clients on an agreed due date. Graphic designing, Web Development, and Application Development are the best home-based businesses where you can earn much or probably earn more than the employees from a private company. So, good luck.

I agree with you that it's nice to use the skills that we know. It will help us to earn for a living. Graphics designing or software development is always a positive example for home based business. It is always in demand and never get lose it's fame. It needs creativity and passion to make things work for the better.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
The only issue I see with the topic is the world quick returns, one of the challenge I see with business people is the idea of people wanting to make quick returns from their businesses. Business people must always try as much as possible not to look for quick gains from their business ventures because if it does not happen the way they expect, then it when that happens one may become discouraged and decide to close down the business due to the fact that things are not going the way they had been expecting it to go. Business is something that needs alot of patience, I have seen people who rush into business and all they want is the gains but they forgot that in business there is an account we call the trading profit and loss account. That is to say that sometimes there could be losses in a business. So when there are losses we should try as much as possible to accommodate it and look for other ways to improve on the business we have chosen to do. At this point I will advise you learn a skill and trade and be patience for it to make profit.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Since you are already a freelance writer and I believe you are making some profit from it to be very easy for you to start and offline business like a small shop near your home where you will be selling necessary things that people are always making use of on a daily basis.

This is a business that you won't even necessarily need a very big shop to go about it . That is the most interesting part of it , especially if you can dedicate small amount of time every day to monitor the person that you have put in charge of the business to represent you.

The business also is not one that will demand you paying excessive charges in the name of taxes to the government like big businesses are doing and losing out also .

Most especially if you're from a country like Nigeria where law enforcement agencies do not really bother small businesses like the one that I am currently talking about . Things would move on very smoothly for you especially if you know how to do a very good savings habit , so that you won't end up losing out despite investing your money because of lack of financial discipline .

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
In this region of Africa to be precise West Africa , Nigeria a lot of people are establishing self-employed businesses and also home based business as a result of a high unemployment rate due to the economic and political instability of the country . In order to keep themselves busy individuals are no longer waiting for the government to provide jobs for them rather than engage in other home-based businesses like baking ( bread , cakes and cookies , chin chin , doughnuts , egg rolls , buns ) , making local juice drink (zobo , soybean drink , tiger but drink) etc . They are both as some of the home made businesses men and women indulge themselves in order to make money .

There are some advantages of having a home-based business . Home-based business does not require you to leave the comfort of your home just to go open a shop or where you call your workplace . Rather you can stay in the comfort of your home and produce this homemade confectioneries and liquid juice drinks for sale to members to the public . In order to market you are home made products social Media platform has made it easier for you to sell your goods and products to individuals living in and outside your neighborhood .

You can start a VTU business using your mobile phone with a good internet connection. Just download the VTU mobile app and do the required registration. If you live in the dorm it'll be easier since everyone wants to keep in touch with their families. You get some percentage for every data/airtime you sell. You can also open a small kiosk where you sell food items (for women). If you're a male, consider opening a barbing salon. If you don't have money for a salon, you can do the shaving outside your compound.

Setho

VIP Contributor
It is a very good thing that you have decided to start making money from the comfort of your home . Ordinarily this kind of decisions would have been very difficult in order to actualize but right now technology has made it very easy for you to be able to start and grow a business and make hundreds of dollars in profits by sitting down in your home .

1 . Dropshipping . The cool thing about drop shipping is that most times you do not even need to start with any serious capital as all you need is a place where you are going to be dropping your product . You can be able to partner with a third-party delivery agency to have this kind of products delivered to the people who need them .

2. Consulting . Give you are somebody who is an expert in a particular field they are definitely people who are going to be needing your services concerning something about it or they want to gain information about it. You can always position yourself as a consultant where you are going to be meeting your clients eventually and then attending to their various problems while being paid .