What's the best ways to get customers for home based businesses

Inem

A lot of startups might be looking out for great ways to advertise their products because they might be limited in resources and can't advertise with mass or print media. What are the cheaper ways they can advertise their businesses to attract customers?

funmi

Verified member
Before we start looking out for customers we must first try as much as possible to get our act very coorect. This is done in the planning stage of the business. We must do a very good market survey and essential that what we are going to produce will actually be an essential commodity that the target audience truly needs, else we will struggle with the marketing phase of the business. So many people make the mistake of starting a business in either a wrong location or doing a particular thing that has already saturated the market so it will become a major struggle to meet up with the strong level of competition on ground. So if we have gotten the act correctly then the next phase should be marketing phase, we can first start off by doing a serious live promotions and bombard the host community or target community with advertisements both on the TV and Radio, you can also do this too on the newspapers if you have the financial resources to do so. Then when the awareness has been fully created then we may shift our attention to the online platform to attracts more customers aswel .

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had posted in another board about my plan for a home based business. It is easy to start because of the very small capital requirement of $100 only. My plan is to capture the neighborhood residents for my customer base and the growth would spill over to other areas in our village. I may use social media or texting for the orders because it is a home based business which means I have no store. Customers can come to buy or to pick up their order but that standard on my plan is for orders to be delivered. In getting more customers it is the word of mouth that I will be counting on. I am confident that my product which is the pizza roll is supreme in taste and customers will hunger for another order once they get a taste of my product. Maybe I can also install a poster by our gate so people will know of my business.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The best ways to get customers for home based businesses are: Advertising. The most effective and reliable way of getting customers is through advertising. The key to good advertising is great copy, which means you have to know your market and the competition. You should also think about what people in that market want, need, and expect from you. Then, you should be able to create a message that will directly appeal to those needs.

Direct mailings. Direct mailings are an excellent way to reach out to people who don't have access to your products or services. But they're not just for businesses; anyone can create a direct mailing piece and send it out via the U.S Postal Service or another company's mail service, like United Parcel Service (UPS). You can also use postcards or flyers as well as letters that can be mailed by hand or placed in envelopes and dropped off at local post offices around town (or even mailed across country).

Telemarketing. Telemarketing is another great way to reach out and make sales on behalf of your business: callers are often more successful than Internet marketers because it's more personal—they have a live person on the phone instead of seeing.