Do you listen to music while you are working?

dzonyfox2

I am on college so I study a lot. But when I am studying I love to listen to some music. I prefer it to be some relaxing music. Music helps me to focus better, to have a better concentration, to continue to study. Music is my everyday motivation and strength.
I also like to listen to music while I am online, whether I am surfing on the internet or I am writing posts.
And what about you? Do you listen to music while you are working, studying or while you are online?

blackmist

Definitely yes. Listening to music make me more focus on what I am doing. It's fun to listen to music, it helps us to relax. Most of the time I keep it open, sometime even when I am sleeping, it makes me more sleepy.

neneth

I learned in psychology that when you listen to music while studying your brain cues certain parts of your studying to the music.. for example if I was studying for a science test about rocks everytime I see that rock my brain cues to the music but without the music there as a cue it takes a lot longer to get the info from the brain. my professor said that she would allow us to bring in the music w/ us when we took the test as long as she previewed it first... but it does effect you greatly..and no the type of music doesn't matter but the funny part is its not just music, its the television or background noise also that's why they always tell you to find a nice quiet place to study!!! well I hope I helped

Music has a way of permeating through empty corners and filling up environments with substance. It can help you relax, make you well up in tears, or feel alive.
But can it make you more productive?
We use music to set the tone of our environment and our mood, whether we’re unwinding after work or throwing a party. But in an age when many of us spend our time staring at a computer screen, music has also become a mode of escape from outside distractions or dull tasks.

dzonyfox2

Definitely yes. Listening to music make me more focus on what I am doing. It's fun to listen to music, it helps us to relax. Most of the time I keep it open, sometime even when I am sleeping, it makes me more sleepy.

Yeah I forgot to mention, I also like to leave quiet music on the radio while I am sleeping, but only sometimes, not always. And I prefer it to be some relaxing music. It helps me to fall asleep. But sometimes I can't sleep because of the music, I mean, I always like to listen to music, but sometimes when I like the song too much, my attention is focused on the song and I can't sleep.

dzonyfox2

I learned in psychology that when you listen to music while studying your brain cues certain parts of your studying to the music.. for example if I was studying for a science test about rocks everytime I see that rock my brain cues to the music but without the music there as a cue it takes a lot longer to get the info from the brain. my professor said that she would allow us to bring in the music w/ us when we took the test as long as she previewed it first... but it does effect you greatly..and no the type of music doesn't matter but the funny part is its not just music, its the television or background noise also that's why they always tell you to find a nice quiet place to study!!! well I hope I helped

Well it is logic that music associates you about something that you have read while you were listening to it. So, when you hear the music again your brain associates you about something that you have read or learned while you were listening to that particular part of the song. But then there is a problem when you don't have that song. You can't remember what you have learned without it. So, when I have to study for something important, I try to study without a music. I am listening to music while I am studying only when I want to really enjoy studying.

GuestHu

There are several studies that show listening to music is beneficial. It decreases the level of the cortisol, stress hormone which is healthy. But sometimes, it depends on the working environment I am in. If it requires full attention to finish it on time, then playing music might lessen my productivity and distracts my thinking process. For instance, I cannot compose an essay well if there is a song playing. But if I am merely painting, I can turn the music on.

Jelineex

I don't listen to music during work because it can destruct me. I cannot concentrate since I keep on singing. I am sometimes attentive with the music and wants to learn the lyrics. I only listen during my free time as a relaxation. It makes me calm. I love ballads, reggae, pop and waltz. It feels lively and I always have connection to it.

dzonyfox2

There are several studies that show listening to music is beneficial. It decreases the level of the cortisol, stress hormone which is healthy. But sometimes, it depends on the working environment I am in. If it requires full attention to finish it on time, then playing music might lessen my productivity and distracts my thinking process. For instance, I cannot compose an essay well if there is a song playing. But if I am merely painting, I can turn the music on.

I agree with you. Listening to music is healthy because it reduces stress. When I am in a hurry with studying, I am also not listening to music then, because I might not be able to finish my styding on time. I am listening to music when I want to relax while I am not in a hurry.

dzonyfox2

I don't listen to music during work because it can destruct me. I cannot concentrate since I keep on singing. I am sometimes attentive with the music and wants to learn the lyrics. I only listen during my free time as a relaxation. It makes me calm. I love ballads, reggae, pop and waltz. It feels lively and I always have connection to it.

There is some music that can slow down my studying. So I am listening to music while I am studying only when I am not in a hurry with studying. And when I am listening to music while I am studying, I am always listening to some relaxing music, mostly without lyrics. It is hard for me to concentrate on studying because of the lyrics.

P

pamz

I do listen to music while working, although I am only listening from one ear only so that I can still hear if other people is calling or grabbing my attention.
I listen to music while working because it keeps me focus, motivated and awake. especially if your are working in front of the computer for hours and hours you will start to get sleepy and would cause your work quality.
listening to music also helps you to think clearly and keeps a positive vibe while working, takes out the stresses in work.