Old songs or New songs?

dzonyfox2

I'm 98. I prefer old songs rather than the new ones. Always wish I was born in the 1960s, 1970s..., so I could listen to the music of 60s, 70s and 80s. I mean, I am listening those music groups nowadays, but just wish to go to a live concert of Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Bon Jovi... and so many other great music groups...
Old music has a soul... Has emotions... Feelings... Not only the lyrics, but the melodies... I just feel that nowadays the whole culture is much worse than in the old days, not only music, whole culture.
And what about you? What is your opinion?

KimberyTiburcio

I love quality music and then, it doesn't matter if it is old or new. However, in my opinion, for years, we are ignoring the jazz genre of music due to rock and pop music. That's why on this valentines days, I am thinking to enjoy some jazz music with college friends. I am thinking to get tickets for this event ( https://concerts50.com/artists/a-smooth-jazz-valentines-concert-tour-dates-usa ) and hopefully, it would worth visiting. Withal, if you know some other Jazz concerts in the US or Canada then you share your suggestions.

P

pamz

nowadays I preferred listen to old songs such as old rock rather than listening to new songs although, there are some new artist that I like to here often such as ed Sheeran or Bruno mars, because their songs are quite soothing and relaxing to hear.
I don't hate new songs but I just don't feel hearing club songs when alone specially at home. unlike most old songs are easy to go with and can be played in any kind of moods you are in.

minou

It depend on song , the singer, the music, and the lyrics of course. Personally i like a little bit from here and a little bit from there, although i can certainly agree that old songs where amazing and full of art, but somehow i believe that as humans, we love the nostalgia, we love what remember us of our past ,memories and that's why we get hooked on specific songs, old people would usually like old songs more and young people would like new songs more, nevertheless both are amazing pieces of art that artists created with all their hearts and souls !

dzonyfox2

Old Songs or New Songs? About the question if you will ask older people i'm sure they will prefer old songs but for younger generations they will answer otherwise. I think it is on what year you were born that your answer will be based, if your were born on early 00's you like songs in the late 80's or 90's but if you were born on the late 00's you like new songs than old songs. But some young adult's still like classic songs or old songs. For me I was born on the early 80's and I really love listening to music since I was a child so I like not only old songs but all of it. But I preferred 80's and 90's songs. They are more lively but yet conservative I love the tunes and the lyrics compared today.

I guess you are right. Older generations will prefer older music and newer generations newer music.
But I think that there are a lot of people like me, who still prefer older music because of its quality.

teri84

Old Songs or New Songs? About the question if you will ask older people i'm sure they will prefer old songs but for younger generations they will answer otherwise. I think it is on what year you were born that your answer will be based, if your were born on early 00's you like songs in the late 80's or 90's but if you were born on the late 00's you like new songs than old songs. But some young adult's still like classic songs or old songs. For me I was born on the early 80's and I really love listening to music since I was a child so I like not only old songs but all of it. But I preferred 80's and 90's songs. They are more lively but yet conservative I love the tunes and the lyrics compared today.

dzonyfox2

I prefer old ballad songs since it will make me relax. It is sweet to the ear while listening on it. The lyrics of the songs are meaningful and I'm connected to it. I like the songs of Beatles, Kenny Rogers, Air Supply and Carpenters. The songs pleased me. There are also good music in the new generation.

I also love old ballad songs. They are relaxing and they are pleasant for the ears. I also like to listen to music of the Beatles. Their songs are so emotional and beautiful. I agree with you that the lyrics of the old songs have some meaning. I am not saying that there are not any good new songs, they are just rare in my opinion.

Jelineex

I prefer old ballad songs since it will make me relax. It is sweet to the ear while listening on it. The lyrics of the songs are meaningful and I'm connected to it. I like the songs of Beatles, Kenny Rogers, Air Supply and Carpenters. The songs pleased me. There are also good music in the new generation.

neneth

I can’t tell you why old songs are better than new songs as it is ultimately all subjective. Different people’s tastes are different. BUT, I will like to tell you why I like old songs. It has a vintage feeling to it; Today’s songs are unpredictable and have no ‘old’ feeling and bygone nostalgia.

dzonyfox2

I also prefer old songs over the new ones. Although, there are some songs from this decade that are well-written and incredibly sang which I wouldn't mind singing to or listening to in my later years, I would still prefer the songs I was listening to when I was a child. It ranges from the 70s to the 90s. It's nostalgic listening to them. The new songs now are mostly rap and does have a lot of cursing which I am not fond of.

I agree with you. I can not say that there are no good new songs at all, I will just say that they are rare. In general, lyrics of the new songs can have a bad impact on people who are listening to them.

bphlover

I also prefer old songs over the new ones. Although, there are some songs from this decade that are well-written and incredibly sang which I wouldn't mind singing to or listening to in my later years, I would still prefer the songs I was listening to when I was a child. It ranges from the 70s to the 90s. It's nostalgic listening to them. The new songs now are mostly rap and does have a lot of cursing which I am not fond of.