Collecting stamps

G

I am a stamp collector since I was a small child, I have over 2000 stamps until now and I am still collecting. I have tried to make my son have this hobby but he doesn't like it, he collects nothing and all he likes is to play games on its PC or cell phone, I don't know what happens with these kids. When I was a kid almost all my friends were collecting something but the kids these days have not interested in this thing.
Are any stamp collectors around, maybe we can change opinions regarding this!

Martinsx

Collecting of stamps is a good thing, I have some good collectors and looking at their collection gives some kind of accomplishment of job well done. But personally, I'm into a whole different dimension of item collection with my focus on old coins and old football(soccer ) jerseys. I have an incredible stock already and I'm still not stopping because there are so many to collect.
​​​​​

mark86

Stamps are really good for collection. I have seen several of it but I never tried to collect. Maybe because I am not into it but it looks good for me. I think collecting stamps is something especial because if the person really into it then he could be very fascinated to it.

Jelineex

I am not much of a stamp collector. I' know some friends that collects stamp during my younger days. They have wonderful collections locally to different sides of the world. I have collections of key chains, coins and action figures (toys) from different anime or movies. I associate some of it in toy photography as photography is my hobby.

Martinsx

I am not much of a stamp collector. I' know some friends that collects stamp during my younger days. They have wonderful collections locally to different sides of the world. I have collections of key chains, coins and action figures (toys) from different anime or movies. I associate some of it in toy photography as photography is my hobby.

The thing about photography is that you get to have a stockpile of memories that are going to be cherished for a long period of time. This is actually the reason why I believe that most girls or ladies or women love taking lots of pictures on daily basis because the memories means a lot to them to relive it anytime they come in contact with the pictures.

Jelineex

I guess women are more sensitive and sentimental. We value those memories and our way of expression.It's nice to see the "old and new" faces.Sometimes, photographs will satisfy our longing to our love one's.

Youngshark

I have come across numerous stamps but like your son I also have never thought of collecting. It just is not something which I think I can enjoy as a hobby since I am much of a sports lover. I nonetheless think of it as a pretty good hobby for anyone who loves it but sincerely I do not think that you should force your son to do it. Unless you want them to force your grandkids to be phone game lovers, hahaha. It goes without saying that I am shocked by your collection.

Martinsx

I have come across numerous stamps but like your son I also have never thought of collecting. It just is not something which I think I can enjoy as a hobby since I am much of a sports lover. I nonetheless think of it as a pretty good hobby for anyone who loves it but sincerely I do not think that you should force your son to do it. Unless you want them to force your grandkids to be phone game lovers, hahaha. It goes without saying that I am shocked by your collection.

We all have different things that interests us, there is no what Mr. A fancy would be what Mr. B would prefer but it's all about doing what one loves so much and being very proud of it. There are so many things to collect which stamps are one of them. I believe it's a good hobby.