How much is good enough as a starting salary?

R

Rita101

The sole purpose of going to work for a firm or any company is to get salaries or wages either monthly or on weekly basis. Now, it's a general knowledge that not all jobs pays exactly the same amount of money as salaries or wages. Everything depends on the firm or company you are working for and the type of job you are doing in such establishment. Even in the same company, not everyone get the same amount of payroll at the end of the month or weekly.

So, in considering taking a new job in a firm or company, what amount of money would you consider to be appropriate as a starting salary which subject to change anytime in the future?

Martinsx

On an average note and depending on the kind of job which I'm doing in a firm or a company, I would be looking at a minimum of $300 upwards on monthly basis.

The economy is hard and with everything being so expensive, getting anything below $300 per month would be very difficult for me to cope and take care of all my responsibilities, bills and expenses. I would have said $500 per month but let me keep it logical with $300 per month.

Rosekaizer

Well it.depends on what kind of work are you doing. For me minimum wage is good for me, it's enough for me to buy what I needs. I'm a single and don't have yet my own family. Minimum wage can give my parents what they need and as long as I am happy with my work.

R

Rita101

On an average note and depending on the kind of job which I'm doing in a firm or a company, I would be looking at a minimum of $300 upwards on monthly basis.

The economy is hard and with everything being so expensive, getting anything below $300 per month would be very difficult for me to cope and take care of all my responsibilities, bills and expenses. I would have said $500 per month but let me keep it logical with $300 per month.

Exactly! You pointed out the basic reason one should look out for when considering one's starting salary for a job done on monthly basis. The situation of the world's economy isn't a funny development, it's a situation where the money you have earned can never be enough or even close to being enough to take care of one's responsibilities. So, it's paramount to have one's monthly income or daily wages to at least be increased by some good numbers in order to help cater for one's needs. A minimum of $300 looks good to me but if it can be increased, it would be a lot better.

NerdIndeed

In my honest opinion, I believe a starting salary for a first-time freelancer/online worker should be at least $3/hour. Considering that we are the ones who are paying for the electricity, internet, and tools we use such as laptops or desktops. Any amount below that would seem to be unfair. However, it will also depend on what type of work you do and the quality of work you can provide.

moneyteam

How much is good enough as a starting salary? It depends on your lifestyle and desired standard of living. In most cases, you'll need at least $50,000-$60,000 to cover basic expenses and maintain a decent standard of living. However, if you're looking to live an affluent lifestyle or save for retirement, you'll need a much higher salary. There's no magic number when it comes to starting salaries, but it's important to understand what your financial needs are before accepting a job offer. Once you know what you need to earn per year to live the life you want, compare that number to the salary being offered by the employer. If the salary falls short, try negotiating for a higher salary.