How To make your Facebook videos have more views fast

Jez Pelio

Getting more audience or views on your social media videos is not that difficult, see how to make your Facebook videos have more audience fast.
Do not share your YouTube videos on Facebook
Do not share your YouTube videos on Facebook. It does not do well. Facebook doesn't want you to get more popular. Any time I've tried that, many times, other people as well, we all get crushed. Facebook wants you to upload a Facebook video, or the same video you put on YouTube all over again, just to Facebook.
If you do that, you're going to get way more views; I'm not talking about like, two or three times more views, I'm talking about like, 20 or 50 times more views than if you just linked out to the YouTube video or tried to embed the YouTube video in there.

Your Videos should be a bit long
The second thing you need to know is putting the video on Facebook; it should ideally be five-plus minutes long, if not longer. We found that longer videos do better because it creates more engagement. Facebook's trying to keep people on Facebook. They don't want people off. They'll say if you look at their latest algorithm updates, they're promoting video content more than anything else. Hence, they also have Facebook Watch. Over anything that's like text-based, link-based, they want community engagement.

With your videos, longer the better. You don't need them 30 minutes, that's starting to get long. But like five, 10 minutes is fine. You also want to have a transcription, ideally, because you can upload that to Facebook.

Always Put Caption on your Youtube Videos
We always put the captions on our YouTube videos; we need to be doing this on both Facebook and LinkedIn. It's our number one request.
When I'm talking to my buddies, they're telling me they got around like a 30 to 35% difference in views and engagement when they have captions versus not have captions. Other than that, like make sure your videos are emotive, storytelling, what other tips? It's the same as YouTube.

Body language is everything. You know, show passion and excitement for what you're talking about, but don't fake it. Be authentic, showing who you are as a person. Those are like the key components of having successful content. And you know what? You don't need to have a fancy studio. You can bust out your iPhone now. That thing is like ten times better than the camera that I had when I first started.

And with keywords on Facebook, there's tagging. They're not as important as they are on YouTube, but make sure you put relevant keywords within the tags. Because they'll give you options, I think seven or eight. They limit you but pick the popular ones that are the most relevant to your video. And you can use tools like Ubersuggest to figure out what they are.

Facebook Live, by the way. All these platforms are promoting these things that they think are going to be their next, like, big win for them. So Facebook, they want Facebook Live. So do whatever they want you to do, and they'll promote your stuff for free, basically, for you.

Live does well; the recorded videos do well. Watch does extremely well, but it's hard to get on there, it's not open to everyone yet. Hopefully, that changes in the future, but those are the three areas that you can leverage with Facebook. Best of luck, and if you have another question, leave a comment below.