Most Preferable Desktop or Laptop?

Which one of this makes you more comfortable when you are using it? Which one is the most worth it to buy?

For me, I think desktop is much more worth it to buy instead of laptop. I know that laptops are handy enough compared to desktops. But the speed and performance varies. I guess desktop will win against laptops in terms of speed and performance. You can upgrade and upgrade your desktop parts until you can get the latest version of it. That's why I guess desktops are more convenient to choose than laptops.

HappyLady

I much prefer a laptop with a larger screen as you can put it on a desk top and then have the best of both worlds. Laptops are great as you can use them anywhere and they do not take up that much space. However, every so often I hanker after my old imac. It is defunct, but it was a great friend for many years.

It depends on what job a person has. If my job is pure home-based, I will choose desktop. Not only that it's easier to use, it also lasts so much longer than a laptop. On the other hand, if your job requires real-time monitoring or handling, better buy a laptop. Especially if you work directly with your boss, like a secretary, and your boss pressures you to complete something and you are outside your house, you can do it so long as you bring your laptop.

You have a very good point actually, I agree that if your job is pure home-based, you'll probably choose desktop instead of laptops because of the speed given by it. No problem with the performance because desktop can support most of the OS and more comfortable in any apps you need. While, Laptops are just advantageous in terms of portability and that is already given. You can bring laptop anywhere you want and work any where you want. That's the side of laptop. So it depends in the user itself on where are they feel comfortable.

There is no argument about the portable nature of pocket android phones when it comes to working with it at any time or at any place. It can be carried with ease and without any stress and can be used at anywhere one feels like unlike laptops which someone wouldn't want to be bringing out anyhow when one needs to do one form of work.

Agreed that it can be carried anywhere with ease and without stress. But most of the time, as a part time applicant online; my phone can't handle things. about my job. I'm just using it for some notifications on my email or chatting with some of my friends. I guess mobile phones are created to do things like messaging, emails and not more than that because they have a limited capacity of work unlike the two. I'm not a hater of mobile phones but I hate when they are lagging especially when I'm working.

MittensFX

I'll go with laptop.Sure,laptops are cheaper and they run worse than PC's when it comes to gaming and other stuff.But if you are working and are in need of a bigger electronic device than you can carry anywhere than a laptop is for you.Its great for business and online work.

When you look for convenience with the device that you work with, I think mobile devices are best when it comes to moving about freely because it is not heavy. You can carry it in your bag without even knowing that you are carrying something but as a result of some site not being mobile friendly, it is the reason why laptop seems to be better option because it's still more portable to be compared with a desktop computer.

Yes, mobile devices are great when it comes to availability of the device and it makes you more convenient to work with. I do not disagree with that. That's exactly the reason, there are some sites that is not mobile friendly so it urge yourself to do tasks using desktop or laptop. So you're pertaining to the portability of the device but there's nothing wrong with that. Still, nice point of view thanks!

I'll go with laptop.Sure,laptops are cheaper and they run worse than PC's when it comes to gaming and other stuff.But if you are working and are in need of a bigger electronic device than you can carry anywhere than a laptop is for you.Its great for business and online work.

That's basically the concept of laptops, they are created for the user to feel more comfortable when using it since you can bring it anywhere you want unlike desktop; desktop is a fixed device in a certain place but the good thing in desktops, you can do bigger tasks because of its speed and performance. Great perspective. Thanks!

Martinsx

Yes, mobile devices are great when it comes to availability of the device and it makes you more convenient to work with. I do not disagree with that. That's exactly the reason, there are some sites that is not mobile friendly so it urge yourself to do tasks using desktop or laptop. So you're pertaining to the portability of the device but there's nothing wrong with that. Still, nice point of view thanks!

It's actually to the disadvantage of any site owner to build and design his or her to not being mobile friendly because this one act would take away from the site a very good number of people that might have visited the site. So, when creating a new site, it's very important to make it in such a way to accommodate all mobile users because lots of people are making use of it.

Rosekaizer

I am comfortable in using laptop rather than desktop. I used my laptop everyday, unlike desktop laptop is also a hand carrt , you can have it wherever you go without hesitant. And in desktop you need to set up it before you turn on, you need to plug it,set up the CPU, while laptop is easy you just turn on and its open.

Yes, it true that the speed of using desktop and laptop to work is a lot more better when you are working online.

I actually enjoy using it to work because it gives me more time to work on different task within a short period of time and it makes me to save a lot of data because when you work with the device that is slow, it tends to consume a lot of your subscription.

Yes because for me the main use of Desktops and Laptops instead of gaming are for essential life. Some are using it for their own business in which they are allowed to manage things easier.

Most of the people right now uses computers when working online or having a part time job. They more prefer working online in home with family instead of working all day in office or something. Desktops and Laptops are making them to be convenient in working online.

mark86

I always go out and so I need something handy like laptop. I prefer laptop because it is very handy user friendly. Desktop is for the home use only. It is obviously that you cannot carry desktop wherever you want to go but laptop does.

Jelineex

I prefer to use laptop because it's more convenient to use. I like to carry it anywhere I go. I don't find any hassle and I don't like so many wire connections hanging around. I'm a coward when it comes to electricity. I have bad experience with it.

Rosekaizer

For me I prefer laptop, you can carry laptop everywhere you go. You can easily open it. If you are a businessman and you are always outside your office or home, you can hand and carry it to make your work outside.

dzonyfox2

I prefer laptops. They are taking less space, you mostly don't need some extra components, and they are handier than the desktop computers. You can bring laptop with yourself. I am a student, so for me, laptop is much more important than the desktop.
But in any other aspect, desktops are much better. They have more power, they are faster, better for gaming, they have bigger screens, better graphics... If you are buying desktop or laptop for the same price, you will get much better desktop computer for the same price (better processor, better graphic's card). So, they are cheaper.
It all depends on what you need.

Martinsx

For me I prefer laptop, you can carry laptop everywhere you go. You can easily open it. If you are a businessman and you are always outside your office or home, you can hand and carry it to make your work outside.

This is absolutely the real truth. Laptops are very easy to use and be carried about without any stress at all. Before tablets were invented, laptops were the most portable devices used for any online internet activities. It's men's quest to make things easier and better that led to the invention of tablets.

GuestHu

When it comes to performance, desktop is better than laptop because it can handle large computations, data and can execute heavy tasks simultaneously. However, it is not a mobile device like the laptop, which can be moved from one place to another. So, since I am a student, I prefer to use laptop and use it in taking notes and other important stuffs. I could use it in the other places like in a coffee shop or library and do the tasks enlisted from my bucket list. :)

dzonyfox2

When it comes to performance, desktop is better than laptop because it can handle large computations, data and can execute heavy tasks simultaneously. However, it is not a mobile device like the laptop, which can be moved from one place to another. So, since I am a student, I prefer to use laptop and use it in taking notes and other important stuffs. I could use it in the other places like in a coffee shop or library and do the tasks enlisted from my bucket list. :)

I agree with you. I have almost the same opinion. I am also student and I prefer laptop rather than desktop computer because it is mobile. Actually, laptop is necessary to me. Desktop computer does have better performance but it is not mobile. I believe that most students prefer laptops because of studying.

I actively prefer using a desktop over a laptop. It sounds ridiculous, but desktops make more sense than a laptop for a lot of people. Usually, those people value performance over portability, or they'd rather not pay for a laptop's comparatively high price tag.
Sure, powerful laptops out there offer the best of both worlds for those who need portability. Just hook up a laptop to a monitor if you need a bigger screen and you're set. Thing is, though, powerful laptops don't really offer the best of both worlds. They're often relatively heavy and large, and while they may be powerful, they're not always as powerful as a desktop with the "same" specs.

Depending on the purpose of what I'm doing would decide what device I'm going to be making use of. Also where I'm heading to would determine the type of device I'm going to be making use of.

if it's more of web design job, I will be going for the use of desktop computer but if it's ordinary online job, I will be going for laptops.

Nice point of view. It really depends on how the user will use it as an individual device. I also recommend laptop when it comes to availability of it. Most of the users want laptop because you can bring it anywhere, but for me that requires a higher performance; I prefer desktop since it has a wider reach capacity of doing such things.

Kakashi2020

I would choose desktop because I'm comfortable with it, when I'm home, it can do everything better including video editing. Laptops on the other hand are fast becoming obsolete because it's processes can now be done by tablets, phablets and even smartphones. Another thing I hate about laptops is its bulky, heavy and needs a lot of power. Laptops are not power efficient, it only gives me a couple of hours usage before it's batteries are drained so it's only good if your near a wall socket to charge it, unlike phablets which can give me atleast 4 hours online and can be easily charged by a power bank.

I would choose desktop because I'm comfortable with it, when I'm home, it can do everything better including video editing. Laptops on the other hand are fast becoming obsolete because it's processes can now be done by tablets, phablets and even smartphones. Another thing I hate about laptops is its bulky, heavy and needs a lot of power. Laptops are not power efficient, it only gives me a couple of hours usage before it's batteries are drained so it's only good if your near a wall socket to charge it, unlike phablets which can give me atleast 4 hours online and can be easily charged by a power bank.

I will agree to you, the performance of Desktops are great. Also the flexibility of it is much wider than Laptops. I don't use laptop because it's performance is not that good as Desktop. Although Laptops are known as being comfortable to use because of its Portability. But that's not the main purpose of computers. I love a high performance desktop than a handy laptops.