Starting A Business Without Capital

HazelTing

For me, I think there is no business that does not need a capital. Even the permit and licenses that you are going to acquire to have your business legal still needs finances. Small business still required money to pay for your fixed expenses such as electricity and office supplies. Maybe you can borrow money even a little to cover the initial expenditures. It is better to get a loan from the government because it has a little interest unlike of the private lending companies. In our country, our government offers loan for micro business. Its scheme is not so strict that the borrowers can able to pay the amortization monthly.

Sheilaemma

You can start your business without capital if you look for a suppliers that offers consignment basis. They let you have their products and you only have to pay them the sold products. Your capital will be trustworthy enough to earn suppliers and a good marketing skills.

S

sucess1995

Starting business without capital has been a statement which I have been hearing for long which has ceased to come to reality. I'm yet to hear a positive testimony from a very reorganised business mogul that will tell us how he succeeded without capital in his or business. You can start a business with small capital not without a capital. There're many businesses you can start today with just a token of capital which will in the long run yields a high profit. The sole of every business is determination and hardworking, not necessarily capital. That doesn't undermine the important of capital in any business venture. The level of your capital investment determines the level of its operation. No human being lives without blood likewise capital in a business.

behappie

There is no business that can be pioneered without capital. Capital is resources which owners of businesses put into their businesses with the view of getting profit at the end of a period. If the owner does not invest into the business, who then will? The owner or owners of the business have to show others in a most emphatic way that they believe in their business through the amount of their resources they commit into it.
A business is either financed through the owners or owner of the business and outsider. Outsiders can only invest in a business if they are assured of their funds and returns and the amount of owner-inputed resources into the business.
Capital is not necessarily money, it could be property or any other item of value that is capable of generating future inflow for the business. Sometimes, capital may not really be enough to execute some projects or transactions of the business, hence there is a need for loan. Loan should be used to finace a business when it is most necessary. Defaulting in repayment of loan and accruing interest can affect the credit ratings of the business and may scare away potential customers.

Last edited:

Yhubee

Capital is indeed necessary to start up a business.Without a capital,the business cannot come into being.Now having a capital is one thing but having sufficient capital is another. Some people do not have sufficient capital and still go ahead to startup a business believing it will still work out,but the end will always justify the means

Rachael

Verified member
I agree with you. There is absolutely no way a business can be set up both offline and online without having a start-up fund, no matter how little. It is amusing how people can posit this to be possible. Even when it comes to marketing, the data if you are operating online if the traditional method of advertising is adopted, it would still demand expenses to transport where you would be able to access tour target or specific audience. I discovered that most people who raise the hopes of people about making money both online and offline are always illegitimate, looking for ways to scam people who are vulnerable. This thread title was sort of contradictory, which caught my attention. I had to take time and read the comprehension before I gave my opinion. The fact is, there are some businesses which is not capital intensive when compared to others. Businesses like; thrift wears, phone accessories, janitorial services, POS business, selling of recharge vouchers and second hand products would not be capital expensive when compared to setting up a warehouse of rice products, setting up a filling station, or importing and exporting of exotic cars. The fact is that we should always be practical when it comes to business and set achievable goals.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
This is so true. When you define capital as the resources you need to start and run a business, you realize that you can't really start business without it. Those resources include money, time, effort, space and raw materials. Without them, you won't have a business.

Now, most people usually take capital to just mean the money needed to start and run a business. Some businesses can be started without money. Especially if it is one that involves giving services such as motivational speaking or tutoring. Your presence will just be needed, the time and knowledge you have.

Many online jobs don't require you to have money too. Things like freelancing and writing in forums don't require to invest any money. Though you will need to have money for data subscription so that you can access the internet. You will also need to use money to buy a smartphone or any other device if you don't have one.

All in all, we have to specify what we mean when we say business capital. That is when you will decide whether you need it or not. It is during the business planning stage that you make these definitions and plan on what you need and how to get it.